End of the curse?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bengal B, Oct 30, 2002.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

This has nothing to do with LSU but I think that most Tiger Fans are also Saints Fans I have heard for years that an old VooDoo woman put a curse on the Saints because they named themselves the Saints. The Anaheim Angels have been cursed with just as much ineptitude and bad luck throughout their history as the Saints have and they won the World Series. Could this be the year that teams with names associated with the Big Guy Upstairs go all the way?

2. roygu

roygu Founding Member

Which Doctors?

It wasn't Voo Doo that doomed the Saints it was incompetent management. When you trade number one draft choices for washed up mediocre talent then you are doomed to failure. Then some of the H Coaches of the earlier Saints Teams would seem to fit a Mad Magazine cartoon than a NFL team.
    Same for LSU during their lean years. I have been folowing the Tigers since the early sixties. Arnsparger and Sabin are the only two proven coaches the LSU powers have hired in that period of time. They did hire Bo Rien, the head coach of North Carolina, who met a tragic death before he coached a game. The rest of the time they went after so called bargains.

3. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

I think it was

NORTH CAROLINA ST.

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Maybe it was the curse that caused the hire of Stovall, Archer, Hallman, Dinardo, et.al.

5. bayoutider

bayoutider Founding Member

Hey, us Bama fans thought Curley was a great coach for you. Wish you still had him. :D

6. grote1947

grote1947 Founding Member

Curley

Is Hallman coaching anywhere?

7. tigerb8

tigerb8 Founding Member

Bayoutider, sorry Dude you won't be seeing me in Hawai, The Tigers have bowl game arrangments to make.

8. diehardLSUfan

diehardLSUfan Founding Member

Yeah Curley

Curley is a defensive asst. coach at Miss Stake (misspelling fully intended)

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Re: Which Doctors?

How do you know its not VooDoo that caused the incompetant Ownership and mangagement? Last year a friend and business associate was in New Orleans. He spotted a voodoo shop while we were walking down Bourbon Street and we went inside. There was some kind of carved wooden voodoo altar over the cash register and my friend picked up one of the little devil carvings and asked "How Much" The pimply faced clerk with piercings in his nose, eyebrows and wherever got a real scared look on his face and kept saying "Put it back, Put it back" while my friend kept asking hin "How much?" The kid said that nobody had touched any of the carvings for 20 years including the store owner who made the pagan idol and put it there. After we left the place I told my friend that while I didn't believe in that kind of stuff myself its best not to offend the pagan gods just in case. My friend (a Cuban guy from South Florida) told me "I believe in it but I'm Cuban and my gods are stronger than the voodoo gods"
    That was about a year ago and since then nothing bad has happened to him. In fact his business is pulling in a couple of million a month (a legitimate business, not the kind of thing everybody thinks about South Florida and Latin guys) He is a Dolphins fan so I wouldn't ask him to ask his Cuban gods to help the Saints but he dosen't care anything about college football so maybe he will do it if I ask him to ask them to help the Tigers