ENOUGH OF THE LOSS OF MAUCK EXCUSE!!!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Hub, Dec 20, 2002.

1. roygu

roygu Founding Member

Offensive Linemen

Saban has put the priority where it should be, big strong linemen. However his recruits are just now getting the physical maturity and experience to make a difference. We had one senior on the OL this year and all the second teamers were either redshirt freshmen or true freshmen. Next year we should be ready to dominate.

2. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Livings

Is Livings going to stay on the OL or is it still possible for him to move to DT? People were really building him up last offseason.

3. ChuckE

ChuckE Founding Member

I think each of you make very good points. However, I do have a large difference of opinion about Randall. I hope Matt comes back from his injury or a new comer can step up to the plate. I believe Randall is no more than a younger version of Jamie Howard or Jeff Wickersham. When they are hot they are hot and when not they are not. Randall didn't do anything to lose the Arkansas game. He didn't do too much in the KY game and his performance IMO in the game with aubbie cost us the game. Many things contributed but his lack of performance and experience did LSU in. He did nothing to help win the Bama game. We lost to a good team. Add up the time our defense was on the field because of the lack of production by the offense. I say if Randall is the QB we have a repeat season in 03. Matt nor Marcus is so talented that one of the freshman coming in could not take the position. Remember, Tommy Hodson would have started his freshman year had he not injured his shoulder and forced to RS.

4. roygu

roygu Founding Member

roygu

How good was Eli Manning as a Freshman? Tennesse was forced into using a Red Shirt Freshman, and a True Freshman at Quarterback, and struggled worse than LSU. Freshmen quarterbacks just do not make winners.
    In reference to Jamie Howard, who the heck was his Coach. How many quaretebacks did those coaches develop. If Jimbo Fisher had been the coach or someone similar, I think Howard would have been outstanding. Howard could run, he had a great arm, just needed some plays designed for his talents.