Enough QB speculation

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by burlesontiger, Nov 11, 2009.

1. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

Ridley seems like the complete package which LSU has been lacking.
    Speed, quickness, moves, change direction, power and VISION. Until LSU gets the 8th and 9th guy out of the box though running is going to be spotty.

2. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

His shiftiness during the run reminds me a bit of Sheppard. He may not be as good a blocker as Keiland at this stage yet.

With Lee this weekend, hopefully that would help opening up the running game because of his passing ability; it would be interesting to see how that changes the running game with Keiland and Ridley stepping in.

3. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

Amen.:geaux:

4. bmy-

bmy- Founding Member

273 rushes, 1543 yds (5.7 yd/carry) (15 TDs)
    28 receptions, 273 yds (9.8 yds/catch) (2 TDs)

Yeah, what has he done.. :rolleye33:

I figure Ridley should get most of the carries, as he's going to be our starter next year. I'd like to see a 50/50 split.

5. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

You're really not telling the entire story. Over how many season have K. Williams accumulated those stats.

Ridely is a sophomore, come one if you want to argue just to argue we can do that. But at least be intelligent about it. :dis:

6. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

I think Williams gets some early snaps, but if he doesn't show signs of taking advantage of the chance, I completely agree with you - Ridley will get the calls.

K. Williams just seems to be the definition of unfulfilled potential. I know there are some who think he hasn't gotten his chances, but those folks are getting sparse as Ridley emerges and people realize it actually IS a problem that only KW can solve...

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Fellers, the best running back on the team right now may be Shepard. He's too light and too green for an every-down back but the experienced Williams and Ridley can handle those chores with Holiday to complicate planning for the DC's. Between the four, we'll be fine at running back.

8. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

I have seen enough of Ridley to say the guy should be giving the majority of snaps tomorrow to see what he can do. It's time to move on, I think Williams has been a great Tiger and actually I thought he ran fairly well early in the year. To be honest, none of those guys at RB were going to have great year with 8 or even 9 in the box against SEC teams.

See what he can do this week, next week back to playing against 8 or 9 against a quality SEC opponent. I am less worried about LSU's RB situation the rest of the year and next then I am about whoever is back there trying to run against 8-9 in the box. LSU better correct this situation or next year they will have a hard time running as well and it doesn't matter if you had Adrian Peterson back there.

Until LSU has a QB that is going to have about 3-4 monster games in a row, I suspect teams will continue to take their chances and put big numbers in the box.

As far as Ridley, he APPEARS to be the full package, I am sure T-Bob is glad to see he won't have footprints on his back every game now. The game plan is simple if you ask me, they put 8-9 in the box you throw-throw-throw-throw, they put 7 in the box, run-run-run-run. The only way they are going to get better is improving that which right now they don't scare any team at all with... that is throwing.

9. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Often times young running backs don't remain in the game for long spurts because of one thing, they haven't mastered picking up the blitz. I have no idea if that is a factor for Ridley or not. However, we KNOW its not a factor for KW and thats why he will play more with the truck out for the regular season minimum.

Hat's off to you Charles, you done the Tigers proud :thumb:

[​IMG]

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Williams is a good receiver out of the backfield, too. He was open a couple of times versus Bama but Jefferson did not look at him.