Ensminger joins the endless list of inept offensive coordinators at LSU

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Nov 3, 2018.

1. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

On our gassed D, yes.

2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Detillier on Twitter after the game..."No doubt we need better production at QB but for us to challenge Alabama we need to recruit/develop better talent & depth along the offensive/defensive lines. ALA dominates up front."

T-Bob Hebert tweets: This loss is simply LSU being deficient on the lines in comparison to Bama. I think the coaching staff didn't do themselves any favors and the success of Canada last year looks bad for Ensminger but ultimately its a talent disparity.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  3. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Honestly, until we can play with Bama this game doesn’t mean shit. If we can clean up the rest of the schedule we’ll eventually figure out Bama. Fuck dem. Ready to flush this shit.

TBTrumpet, JaxTigFan and ParadiseiNC like this.
  4. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

look if I have an offensive line that is struggling that bad I must run quick passes. We are having our qb turn his back to the line of scrimmage with him on the goal line after faking to rb and we are surprised they sack us. When he came to the sideline I would tell him we are going to run roll outs and give you the option to run.

That would have stopped the pass rusher just taking off to the pocket at the snap.
    the key to running is misdirection too. They knew where our runs were going still before the play. High school coaches know about misdirection to hurt quick flowing teams.

Short quick passes to the backs but not with them standing still in the flat 6 yards behind line of scrimmage.

We did nothing to attack and everything to play right in their hands. The first 2 passes would have been my game plan all game. Short crossing and quick ins. If they adj then adj yourself.

Burrow held it too long , dropped balls, bad routes running backs just running sideways and not cutting up etc etc

Orgeron made a bad call taking the ball and it ended up being a horrible decision.

too many mistakes to win a game against bama.

But I am proud of our defense they did everything they could to keep us in the game in the first half. The offense did not do anything to help.

5. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Not as long as Nick's there.

6. lsu-i-like

I don’t believe that.

7. COTiger

Why not? He's dominated us since he's been at Bama. I don't see that changing.

Richdog likes this.
  8. lsu-i-like

He’s not infallible. Other teams have beaten Bama in Saban’s reign, and with the right leadership our world class talent can do the same.

Herb likes this.
  9. COTiger

Not many. And you can't count us against the not many. Until we can recruit the top notch athletes like Bama does, nothing is going to change.

10. lsu-i-like

I think Bama overtook us in NFL players, but isn’t LSU second? We are one of the most talented teams in the nation. Our offense is not what it should/could be.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.