Entertainement for October 25th

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by AUMorgan21, Oct 13, 2002.

1. AUMorgan21

AUMorgan21 Founding Member

I love how theres at least 5 threads about Auburn on this board, so I figured Id just go on and start another. :) For any of you guys who are making the trip up to the Plains in two weeks, I just wanted to let you know of some things that are going on that you might be interested in. Auburn's University Program Council is having a concert featuring Nappy Roots and 3 Doors Down on October 25th. And MTV's Tailgate Party will also be in town. Just thought that Id pass along the message, it should be tons of fun. Hope some of you guys can make the trip. Just post me a question if you are interested and want to know anything.

WAR EAGLE!!

2. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Thanks for the heads up. I'll be going to the game, but Im going with an Auburn alum, so Im just gonna go wherever he goes.

3. AUMorgan21

had to get back to the top

My thread got pushed all the way back to the third page so I figured Id post again so it would move back to where more people would see it. ;) Just FYI if anyone was interested, tickets go on sale Thursday and you can get them on Ticketmaster.com

I just thought Id let you guys know. It never hurts to get the word out!

WAR EAGLE!!

4. AUMorgan21

You knew Id be back

So since its officially less than a week till game time you knew I had to come back and move myself back up to the top of the threads again. :D Thanks to JP its an 11:30 game so if you roll into town on Friday, which I would hope you would, heres my info for a fun Friday night. Or at least a nice warm up!

Auburn UPC Presents Nappy Roots and 3 Doors Down in concert. 8pm show starts. $20 tickets, you can get them at ticketmaster.com or at the door. It should be fun, if it interests you come on out, THE MORE THE MERRIER!!

And since I have to work the concert and will be there until the last trucks roll out after its over, I just wanted to tell you guys what Im doing in your honor. :) In honor of the visiting Cajuns being in town me and my friends have decided just to take a short nap after we are finished loading out and just start drinking and keep on until game time! And no matter what, rain or shine, win or lose, me and mine (the Auburn faithfull that we are) will be there until the band plays the last note of the AU alma matter at the VERY END of the game. We sit right above the Auburn Tigers Football tarp, we'll be there!!

I hope its a great weekend!!

WAR EAGLE!!-ohh and on a little War Eagle note, this concert is a benefit concert for our eagle Tiger. She wont be flying, but the bald eagle they have flying in her place is still just awesome, gives me chills every time. Itll be something you remember, whether you hate us or not.

See you Friday/Saturday!!

5. AUMorgan21

You knew Id be back

So since its officially less than a week till game time you knew I had to come back and move myself back up to the top of the threads again. :D Thanks to JP its an 11:30 game so if you roll into town on Friday, which I would hope you would, heres my info for a fun Friday night. Or at least a nice warm up!

Auburn UPC Presents Nappy Roots and 3 Doors Down in concert. 8pm show starts. $20 tickets, you can get them at ticketmaster.com or at the door. It should be fun, if it interests you come on out, THE MORE THE MERRIER!!

And since I have to work the concert and will be there until the last trucks roll out after its over, I just wanted to tell you guys what Im doing in your honor. :) In honor of the visiting Cajuns being in town me and my friends have decided just to take a short nap after we are finished loading out and just start drinking and keep on until game time! And no matter what, rain or shine, win or lose, me and mine (the Auburn faithfull that we are) will be there until the band plays the last note of the AU alma matter at the VERY END of the game. We sit right above the Auburn Tigers Football tarp, we'll be there!!

I hope its a great weekend!!

WAR EAGLE!!-ohh and on a little War Eagle note, this concert is a benefit concert for our eagle Tiger. She wont be flying, but the bald eagle they have flying in her place is still just awesome, gives me chills every time. Itll be something you remember, whether you hate us or not. ;)

See you Friday/Saturday!!

6. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

AUMorgan this misconception is we hate Auburn, We dont Hate Auburn really. We simply Hate your coach.... And based on what I have read lately, it seems some of your bretheren is starting to join our cause !!!

Sounds like a good time, never heard of Nappy Roots.

Also I am up for any animal cause (I am no liberal but I am a huge animal guy)

Good luck, dont forget to donate to the I Like Mike Campaign. It is for Mike's new digs !!

Welcome - Hopefully some of the nastiness of the past is behind us and all of us can gain some perspective !
    Geaux Tigers.

7. MobileBengal

I have heard Nappy Roots, but never seen them in person. I like them a lot, personally. I dont think their style of music is for everyone, but I have a pretty ecclectic collection. They are mainly hip hop/rap. You have never heard the song "Awnaw"?

"Awnaw, hell naw, Man,
    Yall done up and done it"

I would like to see them, and Im trying to convince my Auburn alum bud to go. Hes flying into Mobile friday night, though, so I dont think we'll make it.

Im going to do my part to put the nastiness behind us. Hopefully my being with an Auburn fan will help the cause.

8. MobileBengal

Actually, that song i referenced is on the Madden 2003 soundtrack. It plays on my PS2 quite often.

9. AUMorgan21

???

So did anybody here who made the trip to Auburn get a chance to come to the concert?? I just wondered, I was running around backstage for most of it so I couldnt really tell if there were many LSU fans there or not. Anyhow, I was just curious. I hope if any of you did get a chance to go that you enjoyed it.

WAR EAGLE!!

10. MobileBengal

I didnt. We had too much working against us. We just couldnt make it.