EPSN: Next In Line...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by locoguano, May 2, 2005.

1. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=mcshay_todd&id=2049957

ESPN Insdier article... gives the top 5 nfl prospects (with details) at each position for next year, then list a few others (without details)... only one lsu player made the top 5 list..

LaRon Landry was listed as the top safety.
    Alot of LSU players were in the "others" category, at every position except DE, cb, and ILB... shows the experience that LSU will have next year. If this article is right LSU will have 11 players drafted next year. RB's are Addai and Vincent.. strange that they would include Vincent and not Broussard.

2. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Him including Vincent makes this entire thing worthless, IMO. Vincent had a great freshman year, a subpar sophmore year, even with a great junior year he probably wouldn't leave early.

3. OpelousasLSUFan

OpelousasLSUFan Founding Member

I would have to agree with CParso. Vincent had 3 or 4 good games his freshman year (most of them on National TV to give him good coverage) but he totally disappered last year. If we have a RB go to the draft early it will most likely be Broussard but i don't see him getting the ball enought to get the coverage that he would need to be a first round pick.

4. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

The NFL scouts don't rely on coverage when selecting draft picks. If that were true no D-1AA or D-2 players would ever be selected in any round.

5. OpelousasLSUFan

I understand that but when he is only going to get the ball 10-15 times a game it is hard for him to show what he can do on a consistent basis

6. cajdav1

If Alley starts the entire season, I would expect him to touch the ball an average of at least 15 times a game, maybe more. He average 14 last year and didn't start until the like 3rd or 4th game. Hopefully he will not have a slump like Vincent, due to the kind of runner he is I would severaly doubt he will.

7. OpelousasLSUFan

Don't get me wrong i would lover for Alley to have a great year and rush for well over 1000 yards this yeare but with all the backs in the backfield i just don't see it happening. If he does do that he will have a great year and he will have to get the ball more than 15 times a game.

8. cajdav1

Ronnie Brown touched the ball an average of 15 times a game and what round was he drafted in?

9. OpelousasLSUFan

But he was catching the ball out the backfield (like Addie does for us) unlike Alley. Would not mind seeing Alley get a swing pass or two out of the backfield and let him run over a few DBs.

10. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Brown only saw 10 more runs last year than Broussard.. so the comparison can be made.. he had 143 carries last year for 6.1 ypc. At that rate he only needed 20 more carries to break 1000 yards. So add a twefth game this year and he will probably get there. I think his average will impove because of the line this year. This team reminds me alot of the 2003 team, really strong offensive line and a very good defense.. the only question is whether russell can play as mistake free as mauck