Eric Holder talks about Snowden

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, Jul 7, 2015.

1. Tiger Exile

Tiger Exile Long time lurker

Ok Commie, I was just parroting someone from earlier (you). And typical Democrat shenanigans to use your term were used to get Libby. http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs...-testifying-against-scooter-libby_911815.html
    So thanks for voting Republicans in office for 16 years IIyich!

2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

It's definitely "just typical Republican shenanigans going back to Ford pardoning Nixon." Democrats would never pardon someone close to them.
    http://m.aol.com/article/2014/11/12...-his-own-son-felony-drug-conviction/20992879/

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

First of all, how was it a "democratic shenanigan" if the Special Prosecutor is not a democrat. He was a republican appointee to be a US attorney and is apparently an independent with no party affiliation.

More importantly . . . so now, conveniently after the statue of limitations has passed, Judith Miller is promoting a book she wrote in which she claims to have lied under oath. But it wasn't her fault, of course.

Another nice try, Adolf.

4. Tiger Exile

Tiger Exile Long time lurker

After she can't be prosecuted for violating a gag order Vladimir. That Prosecutor is just as independent as you apparently. Doesn't matter which party appointed him, he coerced her statement. Democrats were heading the witch hunt at that time.

5. red55

According to her. Someone that will lie under oath will lie about it later.

6. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

And Bill pardoned Cisneros, Rich, and Hugh Rodham's lobbying target, drug trafficker Vignali (Rodham got $400,000 for his work). Marc Rich, in particular, was over the top and Bill admitted such. His wife made a nearly half million dollar donation to the Clinton library, a $1M donation to the Democratic party, and $100k to Hillary's senate campaign .....it is very clear what went on.
    I am reading something different. Clinton had 177 last-minute pardons and commutations. The mere size of the list is what drew attention in the first place.
    http://content.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,100795,00.html

Even this study, which attempted to de-bunk the idea of Clinton's "last minute" pardons admits that people don't agree on what constitutes last minute. Most Presidents commute sentences in the last YEAR, whereas Clinton truly did go to the last minute, taking meetings at the WH the night prior to his last day in office.
    http://www.rvc.cc.il.us/faclink/pruckman/pardoncharts/Paper2.pdf

Typo on my part obviously which is why I said "in the Reagan neighborhood".
    I'll own that error.
    And the grand record holder....FDR with 3687.

The entire thing smelled back then and it still does. Mary Jo White who was considered a very tough prosecutor was brought in and strangely stepped down before the investigation was concluded, with Washington insiders saying she had made a lot of progress, and quickly. Comey came in and was critical of both Clinton and Holder. Rich's lawyer was Clinton's former White House Counsel, Gore's former chief of staff, and was good friends with Holder. Holder is the one who suggested the pardon process in Rich's case be subverted and almost all of Clinton's aide's told him not to pardon Rich....but he did and he's come to regret it.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2001/02/18/opinion/my-reasons-for-the-pardons.html
    There is so much abuse of power, lying, and co-mingling of deceit. Comey may have let Willie off the hook but let's not pretend it was all well and good and that republicans are the only asshole liars. If you peruse Comey's career, it's tough to tell if he's a crook, thief, or even a true con.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
  7. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Going back and reading thoughts at the time, while most were pretty disgusted with Nixon, even Ford's critics and democrats agreed that the pardon was in the country's best interests and not really to do with any party shenanigans.

8. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

[​IMG]

I forget.....was he under oath that day? What about his marital vows? He lied to Hillary for awhile there.

TwistedTiger and shane0911 like this.
  9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I think Hillary knew what Bubba was doing througout their marriage. They had an "arrangement.". After all everybody knows she's a closet lesbian.

10. red55

They don't call him Sir William of Smooth for nothing. Hillary is almost as smart, but she got no smooth.

Uhhh, OK.

Yes, politicians are whores by nature, I quite agree. I just mentioned the most notorious instances. One of Bills' pardons, old what's-his-name, doesn't quite rise to Watergate or outing American covert agents, does it?

Indeed, let us not pretend. Amen.

Who?