Eric Reid

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Swerved, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

I know it was only one play, but man did he bring the pain to that receiver. Anyone else see flashes of a younger, skinnier, Laron Landry on that play or was it just me?

I can just see opposing receivers in the next few years... "You want me to run and catch that ball where?? Uh uh... Loston and Reid hang out back there. Throw to someone else..".. :rofl:

2. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Reid was one of my picks to be a surprise this year but not surprised at all by his performance.

He may be the smartest player in our secondary and can run over you like a truck.

3. Trolyce

Trolyce Founding Member

Eric lived in my neighborhood and he and my son are friends. We moved away in his freshman year of high school. Eric is an incredible kid....great family, straight A student and has an unbelievable work eithic. I was so happy to see him in the game and the hit he put on that poor Vandy receiver....not only the smartest player in the secondary, probably the smartest on the team.

4. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

Eric is much taller and will probably be as big as Landry once he is done here. That hit was painful and instinctive timing can't really be taught. He is an impressive kid.

5. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Anyone have video of that hit?

6. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

Anyone remember about what time in the game that happened? If so I'll put it up on YouTube.

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

One can only hope his time at LSU will mirror LaRon's time here. Hopefully a little better at covering the deep ball, and if so, dude will be great.

How can anyone not look at our Defense and just be amazed. So much young talent. Alot of them already playing. I haven't been this excited about a defense since 03.

8. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member