Erin Damond...Derron Parquet....and now Lester Ricard?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerEducated, Nov 9, 2004.

1. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Taking a look through the Sports Section today, I see the LSWA College Football Player's of the Week...

On defense, a safety from an in-state school...The 2nd game saving INT in 3 weeks...

On offense, what caught my eye was something I thought I'd share with you...

The winner was Lester Ricard...

He was 18-19, 323 yards, 4 touchowns and zero interceptions...This is the 2nd POW award he's won this year...

I'll admit these stats came against Navy...and I'll admit he's been starting for Tulame...

But wouldn't it be interesting had this guy stuck around? 4 years in the system...a rangy athlete with a rocket arm? Hmmm...Perhaps the best of both worlds...

It would have been nice to see how he would have panned out, but once again, in the same mold of Damond & Parquet, they left thinking they'd get lost in the shuffle (or in Damond's case, because he took a swing at a coach and he got sat on the bench for playing without a brain).

Makes you go hmmmmmmm....

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i thought derron parquet only won firestarter of the year.

3. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Wasn't Parquet kicked off the team?

4. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

yep, he was kicked off the team for setting his father's truck on fire.

5. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

Ricard would be riding the bench right now. Tulane is a horrible team, they lost to State 28-7 and that was early in the season before State started playing halfway decent.

6. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

I am sure TE will tell us some spin that gives us the true details of that story. TE is friends with Parquet's father's brother in-law and....

Well, we'll let TE give the details. :thumb: :wink:

7. Uncle Gus

Uncle Gus Founding Member

I saw Ricard play twice this year, and beieve me - we aren't missing a thing

8. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

BRING BACK CRAIG NALL!!!!!

9. TSdude

TSdude Founding Member

Put it in perspective

I learned a long time ago not to concern myself with kids who leave. If they wanted to be LSU Tigers they would still be at LSU. And let's look at this in perspective - would you take Derron Parquet over Alley Broussard, Joe Addai and Justin Vincent, I doubt it. Would Erin Damond unseat Corey Webster, Travis Daniels, Ronnie Prude or any other DBs - doubt it. And, if Lester Ricard was so good than why couldn't he unseat Marcus Randall? Ricard went to Tulane because he knew he wasn't going to play at LSU. He couldn't beat out Matt Mauck or Marcus Randall. And don't kid yourself just because these guys maybe be having success at smaller schools - the competition level and caliber of athlete across the board in the SEC is head and shoulders above C-USA and any other mid to low level DI conference.

10. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

And lemme guess, it's all Nick Saban's fault for recruiting these guys and then 'running the off'. :dis: