Ernesto just in time for the ULL game?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerWins, Aug 25, 2006.

1. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Of course it's too early to predict landfall, but that 5 day forecast comes from the NHC. There's a chance that this storm will get sheared apart in the next 36 hours, although they believe this is less likely to happen now.

As we saw last year, it can go anywhere once it enters the gulf. But all the computer models agree (as of this morning) that the central gulf coast area is the bullseye.

2. sphincter_boy

sphincter_boy Founding Member

Believe me we're casting a cautious eye towards Ernesto on this side of the state, too...and I knew this would happen. Let a storm enter the gulf and see how everybody starts crapping their britches. I suppose it's to be expected, and it's warranted. Just was hoping, as everyone else was, that this would be an extremely quiet season.

3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Computer models are hardly in agreement at the moment, but all seem to be more encouraging for NOLA than the NHC forecast path:

http://www.wunderground.com/tropical/tracking/at200605_model.html

4. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

5. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

Son-of-a-*****!!!! I just finished changing all my f***ing floors due to the flood from f***ing Rita, now this ***hole is gonna come around and water my damn house all over again?!? Then to top it all off, he's gonna interfere with the season opener!:angryfire !:angryfire ! F***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    My countdown started at 223 days, now that I'm down to one week, all hell is gonna break loose. I think I'm gonna go play in traffic now.

6. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

I am so glad I rebuilt 3 piers this summer, incluing a **** load of money on our own. Yea.

7. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

If Montegut's f***ing levee fails again, I'm gonna put a barge under my house. Consider that done. I've been tossing it around for a while now, and this may be what helps make my final decision. I don't care how dumb it looks, at least all my S*** will stay dry!

8. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

I can't believe we may be getting another hurricane for the one-year anniversary of K.

I think I'm gonna be sick.

9. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

10. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

There isn't anything that could happen to mine that would upset me since it has to be torn down anyway. It's people like you, and all the others, that are regrouping and rebuilding that the thought of another hit makes me sick for.

At least my dog is no longer with the trainer in Florida. I worried about him all last hurricane season.