Errr, camp blocking? Mumme turns in LSU/Orge for... CAMP BLOCKING?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TerryP, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

You didn't say Louisiana State University. You said LSU. You are wrong.

furduknfish likes this.
  2. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

?... I had to look it up
    http://www.grammar.com/a-vs-an-when-to-use/

Articles with Acronyms, a or an
    Finally, the rule applies to acronyms as well. If you pronounce a letter as a letter and it begins with a vowel sound, you should precede it with an. The consonants with vowel sounds include f, h, l, m, n, r, s, and x.

He flew in an SST. He fired an M‑1. He attended an FDA hearing.

:cool: learn sumpin new everyday

furduknfish and lsu-i-like like this.
  3. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

I mentioned the cost of one player because I thought it would be easier for you to compute. I guess not.

Yes, it's a camp for Louisiana kids. It's not one for Mississippi kids. Why do you think Orge is blocking these schools? Because they are Louisiana kids.

Now, I'm incorrect with the numbers I've quoted on the cost of camps?

Cost of the camp at Mercer.
    Cost of the camp at FAU
    There are links to the two camps I mentioned and as you can see, I'm spot on when it comes to the cost. That was off the top of my head, as well.

How many recruits attend these satellite camps? The biggest ones might carry 300. Here's a picture of one of the camps of Michigan's last summer. He has some that were lower than 100 kids. That was a Poly camp.

[​IMG]

Don't project yourself on me here tap, I do know what I'm talking about when it comes to these camps. I know there is very little out of state income from these camps.

Quit while you're way behind...it'll only get worse from here because you don't know what you are talking about.

4. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

It's a one day camp. What part of this do you not understand?

You can't call three meals a day. Part of the cost of camp is food for the player.

Hotel fees? OK, once again. It's a one day camp.

The biggest part of this whole thing that you're choosing to ignore is these schools are coming into Louisiana to recruit Louisiana kids. Why is a kid from Mississippi going to come to LA to attend a camp when Mumme is having one in Mississippi? Why would a Texas kid come when Herman has camps in Texas?

Substance. The very ingredient every point you're making here lacks.

5. Perple

Perple Founding Member

[​IMG]

TigerTap likes this.
  6. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

You're spinning worse than a top on asphalt and bouncing around more than Pamela Anderson's tits on Baywatch (which in itself is ironic because they are as real as these changing scenarios you keep presenting.)

I'm not living in reality. Okay. I guess that goes along with me not knowing how much camps cost when I'd already quoted a few prices.

I'll go with your notion there are kids traveling from Monroe to Hammond to attend a camp at a DIII school when there are opportunities with miles of their own home at bigger and better schools. What percentage do you think that is, tap? A third? If it's a big camp, at 300 ro so, now we're talking about 100 kids, at 20 bucks a pop—that's a week's paycheck in my world.

Still, in the end, we're talking about a very small segment of those attending the camps and a very nominal amount of money.

There are a number of reasons not to like the alleged pressure being put on other schools for hosting camps with coaches from other D1 schools. As mentioned, I've wondered if it is a waste of time and energy. By latching on the the fiscal aspect, it's as if you're riding a Shetland pony in the Kentucky Derby.

7. kcal

kcal Founding Member

Read through and not sure if discussed but it seems that tcu may have made illegal contact and had been recruiting Allen while still at LSU and that's the reason o blocked him from tcu per the advocate

LSUTiga likes this.
  8. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

There are 10 other camp IN Louisiana held by Louisiana schools available to those same kids that O promotes.

So what exactly is the problem again?

LSUTiga likes this.
  9. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

That's what makes this such a straw man argument.

10. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

[​IMG]
    The state of Louisiana. Looks pretty well represented to me. Only thing missing here is well, everybody else.