espn article on lsu qb's

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by upsizin, Mar 25, 2006.

1. CParso

CParso Founding Member

It was the first I've heard of that rumor.

Agreed.
    I think Perrilloux is basically the same with the speed thing - fast, but a great runner because of his shiftiness. Perrilloux doesn't have a goofy release for one, and right now I think RP has better accuracy than Young had at this stage in his career. Young doesn't have all that strong of an arm; Perrilloux could throw it further than Young right now. I wouldn't be bragging about setting records against Big XII competition. How many good teams did that conference have again?

2. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

How so? I didn't think you could be more highly ranked then number 1, which is what RP was coming out of high school.

If RP will stick around for this season, then he's definitely not leaving, as it would be pointless. He'd still have to sit a year if he transferred, so he wouldn't get to start any sooner anywhere else than he would at LSU. I see him getting some good PT this season, even more the next (assuming JR lights it up and heads to the NFL early), and becomes the starter his last two years of eligibility.

3. TxLonghorn

TxLonghorn Founding Member

what about RP's leadership?

some of the quotes i've read make him sound very bad in the locker room.

i watched the army AA game and he looked pretty awesome and i was very excited (he was a still a texas commit back then)

4. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

That's because the quotes you read were coming from the best high school quarterback in the nation who hadn't stepped on campus yet, as opposed to a Redshirt Freshman quarterback who's probably been given more than enough lessons in humility because of his quotes.

5. maduka

maduka Founding Member

Your assumptions are silly. But hey If that's what you want to do.

6. maduka

maduka Founding Member

VY was the OVERALL number one player in the country. RP (depending on who you spoke to) wasn't even the best QB. I think he was like the 13th best prospect in the nation. And dont kid yourself we don't want RP, he had his chance he blew it. Same with Xavier Lee.

7. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

Where did I say that you all wanted RP? Sounds more like bitterness at losing him than anything else.

8. maduka

maduka Founding Member

It's sounded impied, I guess it wasn't.

9. Cajun J

Cajun J Founding Member

This is exactly why people hate UT. The fans wreak of arrogance.....

10. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

Yeah, I meant if he transferred to another school, in general, not necessarily Texas.