ESPN article on Marcus, it sucks.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Gandalf, Aug 24, 2004.

1. DRC

DRC TigerNator

Couldnt help but chuckle a bit after reading this part of the post. :thumb:

2. Ole War Skule

Ole War Skule Founding Member

NONSENSE!

"It's in the newspapers. It's on the talk shows. His coaches didn't want him then. The fans don't want him now. But his teammates -- they believe LSU's path back to the national championship is paved with the unpopular choice of starting Randall at quarterback."

fan's don't want him now? :dis:
    unpopular choice?:dis:

I'm sure they're out there, but I don't know a single person who wants to see anyone other than Randall start against Oregon State. Media trying, and succeding, in stirring up $#$@ where there is none.:po:

Sure, we're all excited to see Flynn or Russell, but there is not mass riot going on to bench Randall......yet....;)

3. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Another good read on Randall:

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news;...YwN0bQ--?slug=ap-lsupreview&prov=ap&type=lgns

4. BB

BB Founding Member

This is now the lead story on ESPN.com college football section. Picture of Randall at the top. They have to make mention of Pollock at every turn don't they?

LSU Randall Wish List

5. DRC

DRC TigerNator

Thats a great quote from Jimbo and how true!!!

If Randall is doing well against our D then I have no worries that he will be able to handle almost anything thrown at him throughout the year.

There is also SOOOOOO much to be said about a Senior and there is something special that can happen to most of them when put in Randalls shoes. I hope Flynn and Russell only get mop up duty this year because that means we will be doing VERY, VERY well. There time will come, just not now. :)

6. Gandalf

Gandalf Founding Member

Thanks Gradin, now THAT'S a good article.

7. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Good article. Some of you are just overreacting.

8. Gandalf

Gandalf Founding Member

Good article about Marcus, but what does it say about us, the fans? Are there really so few of us out there who are happy that Marcus is our quarterback? I just never considered LSU fans so fickle that we would jump on the bandwagon of a freshman and call for an experienced QB to be benched in a year when we have a legitimate shot at a NC.

9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

most fans everywhere are fickle, media parrots. its nothing personal...

hell even a lot of the more informed fans here feel that way as well...think of the uninformed ones who know just barely enough yet are experts.

10. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

I should dredge up that very long and passionate thread in which I defended Marcus tooth & nail against some posters who have been heaping praise on him over the last week...I won't do it, probably out of laziness, but oh how the worm turns...