ESPN Classics...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by diamondheadtiger, Apr 17, 2004.

1. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

that was a great game. S. Carolina put together a hell of a comeback and if you ask me, that safety call was one of the worst calls I have ever seen in college football. He was clearly on the 2 yard line when he threw the ball away and the ref said he was in the endzone.

Its to difficult to judge the outcome if that call wasn't made but I think that cost them the game. That was 2 points given to Ole Miss, and if I remember correctly USC missed two "2 pt conversions" late in the game. thats a 4 pt swing and Ole Miss won by 3. But like I said, if it hadn't been called who knows how the game would have played out.

2. col reb

col reb Founding Member

I totally agree. I hate to see one call make such a difference. SC flat whipped OM butt in the fourth quarter. First half was mostly OM. Sometimes it is better to be lucky than good. Face it, we had no sec type defense this year. The LSU game is the only one they really showed desire in. :dis:

3. DJBurke

DJBurke Founding Member

Why would they want to go to the Sugar Bowl? :wink: ;) I thought they said that the Rose Bowl was the real championship game. :D :grin:

4. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

Col, you are entirely too forthright and truthful about your team...

..specifically in regards to the SC game...

...nice to see a fan of a team say "we got one" instead of "it was a good call"...

...we can only hope that your Rebs don't have an SEC type defense this year too... :D

5. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

I agree, its nice to see that some fans can remove the goggles for a few minutes. My brother (Ole Miss fan) actually thought it was a good call because had he not thrown it away, he would have continued to run backwards and been tackled in the endzone for a safety....He thought the ref based his decision on what would have happened had he not thrown it away.... :dis: :dis: :dis: that didn't make much since to me.

6. LSU

LSU Founding Member

Anyone know where I can get a picture online of USC fans wearing those Sugar Bowl t-shirts?

7. col reb

col reb Founding Member

Sorry. Wish I could agree with your brother. Follow this for a second. LSU ball on the OM 40. LSU qb fades back to pass. OM brings good pressure. LSU qb scrambles backwards avoiding several OM defensive players. He is back to the LSU 45----40-----35-------25 and then throws a desperation pass. Incomplete. No receiver around. Hey!!!!!!!!!! 26 more yards and it was a SAFETY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :grin: :grin: :grin:

8. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

Hey Col, didn't you just mention a couple of posts back that your Rebs didn't have an SEC type defense???

If so how could this even happen????? :D

9. col reb

col reb Founding Member

You are right. I apoligize. Before your qb could run out of the LSU end zone he would have found a busted coverage by a certain db we will not mention by name. :cry: Besides--in that brief dream, I had the rebs chasing the LSU qb back 35 yards. We would have had to call time and substituted!!!!!!!!!!!!!