ESPN College Football Frontpage - Ole Nick

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by j0nathanr0y, Jan 30, 2004.

1. j0nathanr0y

j0nathanr0y Founding Member

2. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

LSU is really starting to move toward being one of those schools that the national media is going to have to honor. If not, they'll be missing on what could possibly the biggest story in college football for the next few years.

3. BB

BB Founding Member

I'm curious, what do you mean by say no to white out?

4. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

The white out game against Florida. I think wardrobe suggestions are stupid, especially the 'white out' idea.

The gold rush idea is slightly better (mostly because gold is actually a Tiger color). I believe there should always be a good mix of purple and gold in the stands, and I think the white out looked very bad. (Not to mention that the crowd was never in the game and Florida beat us.)

5. BB

BB Founding Member

Thanks for the explanation, I thought that was what you were eluding to. I absolutely despise that "tradition" and I can't understand why we still do it. I hate it! It makes no sense to me. If anything, from a mental standpoint, white is so peaceful and calming. Players may hear 92,000 fans, but the stadium is a white background and brings the field into better focus. The whiteout is an awful idea and it's rediculous to think that it has a place in a Football program so deeply rooted in tradition. My experience has been that most people like the idea and I find very few people who see it my / our way. Good to know I'm not crazy on this one. Stupid, should be done away with!

6. BB

BB Founding Member

I must add, it sure is nice that we have something like this to complain about since things are hitting on all cylinders on the football field and in the coaching ranks!

7. Gorilla

Gorilla Founding Member

They only started the ridiculous idea of "white out" games a few years back when Vandy wouldn't let us wear the white jerseys just to spite DiNardo. So it made sense (sort of) for that ONE game. Ever since then every other game has been "white out" "gold out" or "purple out" so somebody can make a buck off t-shirts.

8. Geauxld Member

Geauxld Member Founding Member

??

Bummer,
    They have Booby Bowden on the cover now.

I did a search can't seem to find the article your talking about.
    Hate when that happens.

9. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

The 'White Out' game was just too much bad karma for our team to overcome. Think about it. 90,000 Tiger fans not wearing their lucky shirt, hat, etc. and instead wearing white was too much. The amount of the good luck you bring when you wear your lucky shirt is turned into the same amount of bad luck when you cop out and wear something else.

10. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

Luck schmuck. I'd like to see us do away with the white jerseys everywhere and, like every OTHER team in the country, wear purple at home and white away.