ESPN.com Article

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by desitiger, Aug 12, 2006.

1. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

In 2004 what trophy did USC prominently display all over the place? In their trophy room, in every picture, in their media guide, and everywhere else they displayed the BCS Crystal Trophy. Nowhere did they display the AP trophy except in the back row of the trophy case.

Case closed.

2. kcal

kcal Founding Member

forde used to write for the louisville courier-journal. way off base then and now. always thought he was too much of a louisville homer to have impressed anyone at espn but i guess he slobbered at the big 10 altar enough to satisfy abc.

3. Kjunsausage

Kjunsausage Founding Member

you lost if you placed a wager on sc to win the nc in '03.

4. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

You can't argue against these solid points:thumb:
    ........those damn press........
    ________
    Alaska Medical Marijuana

5. TigerKid05

TigerKid05 Say Whaa!?!?

Great post! Can you send this to the ass-bag himself???

Pat Forde is a senior writer for ESPN.com. He can be reached at [email protected].

6. lsugrad00

lsugrad00 Founding Member

jesus can we all just get over the split title bullsh!t... every time some half retarded hack on the radio, TV, or Internet mentions 'USC', 'national title', and '2003' in the same article/segment everyone starts crying like a bunch of little b!tches with a skinned knee.

7. martin

martin Banned Forever

the unfortunate thing about this whole deal was the the people reporting had a stake in the story. the press wants to say USC is a co champ because they are the ones who voted in the poll. rarely do the people reporting the news have such an interest in creating the news.

AP reporters dont want to report the headline: "our votes are meaningless now, the BCS game is the title game!".

the AP is like : "hey, this just in, our votes are really important!....seriously, keep paying attention to us!"

8. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I love a sports reporter in a sports article lecturing us on our moral obligations.

9. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

So I guess if I order me up a handblown glass replica, and put it in my trophy case, Captain Podnuh's Pirogues could be national chumps, too. As long as I got the guys who write for the Captain Podnuh Sports Review to vote me No. 1 in their poll, who can dispute that, right?