ESPN does drugs.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUpride123, Feb 8, 2015.

1. didit

didit Veteran Member

you have to click on the other link for a more in-depth explanation... here's what was said about the tigahs "LSU not only returns 15 starters (nine on offense), but also, based on its four-year average recruiting rank, has a talented pool of players. The Tigers might surprise some as the third-ranked team, but given whom they are returning, not many programs will field a more talented team than LSU."

2. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

3. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Strictly for entertainment value: Matt Hayes and Sporting News put out their top teams for 2015.

Ol' Hayes moves from one extreme to another, one year to the next.

Last season he had OU at #1 citing the way they finished the 2013 season. I can understand that. Yet, we have another of his inconsistencies when you see where (as one example) Auburn is ranked—a team coming off of a .500 season against FBS teams; losing its last four.

Arkansas did show improvement closing out last season but enough to justify a #4 ranking? BTW, that's versus Schlabach having the Hogs at #22...

4. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I don't feel quite as good about 2016. We need to make a run in '15. Those eligible for the draft after next season could take a toll on us again. In '15, we have many young, but experienced players (but no QB) who are not draft eligible. It's a set up sort of like '11.

5. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

The defense will not be like it was in 2011, that is what I believe some are overlooking.

6. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

This is true and is a concern.

7. titoabad1

titoabad1 Contributing Member

No one saw that 2011 defense coming either. Montgomery and Mingo didn't have big roles the year before, our returning linebackers really stepped up their play from 10 to 11 and we weren't returning anywhere near the depth in the secondary that we are this year.

8. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Really good points. I think you are spot on. That doesn't necessarily predict for the same this year, but heres to hoping so.

ROY_LA_CA likes this.
  9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

That's about what I realistically thought LSU would be ranked preseason.

I actually kind of agree with the top 10 except for and you're gonna love this, USC is overrated. I need Sark to prove it before USC is ranked so highly. Yes they are loaded with talent, but Sark has never won anything. Until he does i think USC is a pretender. Sorry...

Great post... Also there were only a few of us who immediately recognized the impact Tyrann Mathieu was making in 2010. Let's not forget how important he and Eric Reid and Mo were along with Taylor, Brooks and Simon. I think we have something similar to that or could. Tredavious White is the best corner in the SEC, Jamal Adams will be the best safety and could bring that explosive ball hawking play Mathieu did. You also have Jalen Mills who reminds me of Brandon Taylor at safety. You also have Rickey Jefferson for added depth, Ed Paris, and Dewayne Thomas hopefully back. Then that crop of freshmen. Toliver, Lewis, Jackson, and Curtrer.

I'm unsure about the other DB's and safeties, Gage, Voorhies, and Battle.

Anyway, point is, that defense was so strong because of its secondary and D-Line like you pointed out. The secondary will be on point, if we can get D line play, the D will be really f'n good. I just hope nothing happens to Beckwith because if we lose him the middle is going to have a glaring weakness I fear.

kluke likes this.
  10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

If Tolliver lives up to the hype he should have an immediate impact as a Patrick Peterson shutdown corner.