ESPN (Len Pasquarelli) Absolutely Blows it...Yet Again....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUDeek, Apr 27, 2004.

1. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft04/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=1789731

Most productive rookie wide receiver: Last season, the rookie of the year was a wideout from the second round. With so many luminaries in this year's first-round class of pass-catchers, someone better step up. And it says here that someone will be Mark Clayton of the Tampa Bay Bucs.

Clayton is hardly the swiftest of the first-round receivers, but he is extraordinary in and out of his cuts, very fluid, a nice fit in the Jon Gruden design. If the 49ers had a veteran quarterback, Rashaun Woods would have been a candidate.

2. tygertail

tygertail Founding Member

i saw that, what a frickin idiot.

3. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Doesn't OU have a WR named Mark Clayton ?

4. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Yes they do.

5. ChineseBandit

ChineseBandit Founding Member

Yes they do.

Never ceases to amaze me how stupidly vicious some people get over honest little mistakes like this. If you spent your life publishing thousands of words per week you think you might make a mistake now and again?

6. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

Yeah I think some people should calm down...It's not that big of a deal

7. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Although it's not THAT big of a deal, this is his job and he's a professional. It's also about the 10th time I've seen Michael Clayton's name messed up. It's not that tough of a name. He was just a 1st round pick. I can understand messing up a 7th round pick but this is inexcusable. I honestly don't think I would make mistakes like this if I were a writer for ESPN.

8. friday

friday Founding Member

you'd think these guys had editors. his mistake aside, pastabelli is a buffoon.

9. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

I didn't say he was an idiot, I said he blew it. The real kicker for me is the obvious continuing lack of respect that the media has for LSU even up to not bothering to ensure a correct spelling of a first round draft choice's name. The fact that there is an OU player of the name he used makes it worse for me.

10. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

Please don't turn this into a "lack of respect" argument. Honestly, when I read that article, I didn't even notice that it said "Mark." I saw Tampa Bay and must have missed it. He shouldn't have made that mistake, but cut him some slack...