ESPN, NC State and Brady?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Deceks7, Apr 11, 2006.

1. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

ESPN reports that Calipari spurns NC State, who may now look toward Brady. NC State was reportedly offering Calipari $2,000,000.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2405582&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

The Wolfpack, spurned by Texas' Rick Barnes and Calipari, may now turn their attention to LSU's John Brady. A source close to Brady said the Tigers' coach would listen if NC State called.

NC State Rivals reports Villanova's Jay Wright, LSU's John Brady, Miami's Frank Haith and Texas A&M's Billy Gillespie as potential hires.

2. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Were you talking to your lady when you said that, and was your best friend smiling?:grin:

3. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

2 million...dear lord.

4. LSUalum24

LSUalum24 Founding Member

Well, I could see why Calipari turned down $2 million to coach NC State. Presumably, he'll be making around $1.5 million per at Memphis. He is probably going to remain HC at Memphis for quite a long time or he could go to NC State where he might remain for a long time. History now says the NC State fans will run the HC out like Herb Sendek for being anything less the spectacular. More job security for less money.

5. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

JC has a great gig over at Memphis. He is the number one show in town and he has a great program over there. Why leave a conference where your team is number 1, to go play 3rd or 4th fiddle in the ACC?? Eventhough Memphis plays in a weak league, I give him credit for playing a top 5 OOC schedule. I think it was a good move on his part to pass up a little extra money to stay put. Brady on the other hand would be making a mistake if he passed up 2 million dollars to be the coach at NCST. Brady obviously wants a raise here at LSU. I dont know how much more they would have to give him to make him happy. I konw this, there is no way they would/could come close to giving him Miles money. Miles makes somewhere in the neighborhood of 1.2 million. If NCST is willing to pay JB 2 million he should take it without hesitation. Why not make a move where you will be basically the big dog on campus and make double what your making now??

6. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

NC State will not offer JB 2 million. It's not even a possibility. That's not to say they won't offer him more than we can though......it just won't be 2 million.

7. kveille

kveille Founding Member

If Brady was to go to NC State, would Calipari be interested in LSU? Would LSU offer him enough money to make the switch? If Brady were to leave I would like to see a top rated coach take over. This job should be very appealing to all coaches if TT and GD stay for another year.

NC State is a tough job to take because Duke and UNC rule the basketball world in North Carolina.

8. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Calamari won't be coming to LSU if he turned down $2 million to go to NCSt. Hmm, I wonder what we'll do. It sounds like NCSt can offer Brady more than we can and losing Brady would make things interesting for LSU.

9. clair

clair Rockets

2 words... Butch Pierre

10. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

fIXT. :grin::grin::grin: