ESPN, NC State and Brady?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Deceks7, Apr 11, 2006.

1. clair

clair Rockets

you have got to be kidding me...

If we stay inside the staff, it won't be anyone but Pierre...

Treloar is a good, up and coming young coach, but he isn't ready yet...

2. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

yeah if brady does leave I want pierre....

3. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

right, cause being assistant hc at two different schools who went to the final four is indicative of not being ready.

if brady leaves i think lsu should take a page from IU and make pierre and treloar co-HC's at 600K apiece.

4. Jeffinbama

Jeffinbama Founding Member

It amazes me that we are already giving up on a coach that took us to the final four. What do you people want? We should be on here raising hell that Skip isn't off his butt getting him the contract that he wants and the facilities that he demands

When Joe Dean got Dinardo's contract extended the chancellor said that he wasn't sure that they should sign it... well Dean responded that either we sign it or we are both fired.

Only reason that Calapari looked at NCST was because Memphis was piddling around to get his contract reworked.

5. LSUDeek

Skip knows the fan base doesn't like Brady. It would be best for all involved if he left. Skip can commit to increased salary but he can't pour any more money into the facilities if we are going to continue to have lackluster attendance in the PMAC (which people on here seem to not be able to believe is due to the coach).

What is your point?

I think $2 mill/per is a valid reason to look around.

6. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I want to see Brady stay, but will we pay him market value? What is market value for John Brady? More than the coach of our football team?

7. LSUDeek

Most probably for a Final Four coach (He needs to be paid pre-NC Donovan money), but I just can't see it with 7000 people in the stands. Even after a NC Donovan most likely isn't going to be paid as much as Pope Urban.

8. Jeffinbama

Jeffinbama Founding Member

My point was that if the ad and chancelor screw up a coach then they can be on the hot seat.

So you think that Joe Fan stays away from LSU games because they dont like the coach.. get real.

I have said that LSU needs to do something similar to what Alabama did in creating an area where TAF members and scholarship season ticket donors can go before, during halftime and after the game to socialize (ie adult beverages). It has been a tremendous hit there and has enhanced the experience they get at games.

It is Marketing 101 that obviously Skip never took and needs to get on the stick.

9. LSUDeek

you are too far removed from the situation to have any worthwhile opinion of what baton rouge fans think.

this isn't going to convince livingston parish residents to fork over the 15/per and drive 40 miles to come to games to watch a team they think could possibly have a complete meltdown that night.

zzzz.

10. clair

clair Rockets

No one is giving up on Brady, it is just a realistic scenario that he jolts for a better job... And I just suggested that if he does so, we should hire Butch Pierre