ESPN News

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SabanFan, Nov 16, 2003.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Well, I just got my weekly Sunday morning dose of reality. Seems like every Saturday I go to bed thinking "Finally. Now the media has to notice how good LSU is." Last night showed how good this LSU defense is. Bama kicked a "girly man" field goal just to keep from getting shut out in front of the 4 or 5 rednecks that were still in the stands. Anyway, back to the point, here's the order of ESPN News' reportage: Texas/Texas Tech is the lead in then USC/Arizona, Oklahoma/Baylor, Kansas State/Nebraska, Ohio State/Purdue and Michigan/Northwestern. At last, there is a segment on LSU's win over Bama which ended with: "LSU will have difficulty jumping over OSU and USC in the BCS because they have the weakest schedule of the three".

Oh well. Back to TigerForums for some well deserved props.

2. jeffoxiam

jeffoxiam Founding Member

It is true that LSU is in no man's land right now, but why cover the two loss teams more than us? Maybe they figure if one 1 loss team loses all will? Or maybe it's just another "screw you lsu."

3. dothantiger

dothantiger Founding Member

It's just another "screw you lsu". The media was saying before last night "we'll see how good LSU really is against Alabama"....well we knocked their teeth in. Now they're saying "we'll see how good LSU really is against Ole Miss". What's next?

4. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Arkansas after that, then our phantom opponent in the SECCG.

5. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Its because they don't think we're going to win out because
    we're accustomed to losing the games we should WIN.

Its the Ghosts from the Past.

6. Swamprat

Swamprat Founding Member

That's right!!
    They are waiting for LSU to lose another game.
    They really don't think we'll win out.
    Look what happen last year.

7. SpringTiger

SpringTiger Founding Member

What's next will be something like: "The Bayou Bengals routed Eli Manning and his overmatched Ole Miss Rebels. But they are still behind the other one loss team, USC, which is the only team in the country that can stay on the field with the Sooners. And even if LSU were to, somehow, win their remaining games, the may get passed by one or two of the two loss teams, as the Tigers, thus far, have played the easiest schedule in the history of mankind! They really haven't been challenged yet, and we'll see just how good they are when the Hogs roll into town on Friday. Arkansas will be a test for them, and don't be surprised if they are upset."

8. shaqazoolu

shaqazoolu Concentrated Awesome

That's a pretty good editorial SpringTiger.....I wouldn't be suprised to see that verbatim next weekend actually.....