ESPN reporter in hot water

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by shane0911, Apr 17, 2015.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

this is why women are never really in charge of anything. except dumb husbands.

LSUTiga likes this.
  3. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Most female sports "sideline" reporters are hired because of their looks. It's obvious in this case. She is a facking arrogant condescending bitch. Even if ESPin fires her she'll get another job because of her looks. What's funny to me is her thinking that being on TV is some superior job. How's that whole "on TV" thing working for her now?

fanatic, LSUMASTERMIND and shane0911 like this.
  4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

that bitch was magna cum laude albeit at stetson. quit profiling the hottie.

seriously though, thats one vile chick. all she got is a week suspension? what she said is pretty reprehensible.

fanatic likes this.
  5. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

She's not stupid. Stetson AND Northwestern's journalism school. But even with those creds, she doesn't get that job if she looks like this...
    [​IMG]

Her comments were way out of line. I did go to Yelp though and read comments about this towing company. They are typically vile and spend their time driving behind people and actively looking for quick tow opportunities. The clerk didn't deserve the comments but I get the anger.

tirk likes this.
  6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

What she said was pretty mild compared to what I would have said if my car was towed.

HalloweenRun likes this.
  7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I have had experience with such a predatory tow company in Dallas. They deal with a lot of really mad people and they know how to deal with them. They usually have a female clerk in a window who is impassionate and terse and just blows off insults, demands, threats, and curses. They have heard it all before a thousand times. They will have some burly security guys standing around looking very unpleasant, bikers in my case, who prevent anyone taking a punch at the clerk. They have a camera and a lawyer to deal with people who get out of control, which happens daily for them.

These guys had a racket with a business near a popular restaurant. The parking lot there was filled with cars at night after the business was closed. There was a tiny 18" sign mounted about 12 feet high on the wall of the building saying that towing was enforced 24/7. They towed away 40 cars that night and every single night. We were all waiting in line at the impoundment yard in a bad part of town pissed off at the overt ripoff and everybody was railing at them and they didn't give half a shit. An hysterical housewife, a yankee lawyer threatening to sue, a little old lady crying, a redneck offering to whip the ass of their biggest biker, some Hispanic chicks dressed like tarts cussing in Spanish, the whole gamut.

The deck is stacked, especially if you are from out-of-town and they know they will never have to deal with you again. You just pay them, get your keys, tell them to eat shit, and go home. If you are a wealthy celebrity, you take a cab home, have a drink, and send your lawyer's gofer to recover your friggin' car tomorrow.

Geezer Squid and HalloweenRun like this.
  8. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Seems that local people in Arlington are coming to her defense now that they know which company she was towed by.

"I watched Advanced Towing break into a car tonight prior to towing it,” one commenter wrote.

Another said the company forces customers to pay in exact cash and refuses to give change. Others said their cars had been towed within minutes of parking. More claimed tow truck drivers dangerously speed through parking lots and ignore traffic signs.

“Their drivers are irresponsible, rude and dangerous,” another commenter wrote. “Witnessed one driver nearly run down a man in my parking lot.”

9. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

10. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Really!