espn sez it best: ROCKY FLOP !!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tiger Trey, Sep 21, 2002.

1. Tiger Trey

Tiger Trey Founding Member

Needless to say, I was a Gator fan today. This win really helps LSU if our fellas can go into the Swamp and bring home a win. I, for one, think that they can.

VaTech knocking off the Aggies at Kyle doesn't make us look so bad to the BCS either.

Gosh I'd love to see us run the table and see what happens !! Is that too much to ask ?? LOL !!

2. Purple Jungle

Purple Jungle Founding Member

I think LSU has a shot against Florida if they can drum up a good pass rush, which is quite possible.

While Florida looks confused on offense at times, I'm sure they'll have a better grip on play-calling by the time LSU comes to town.

I'd say LSU has about a 10% chance of winning at the Swamp.

They've got a 2% chance of running the table. Even if they beat Florida, this team is a little too young to handle being a top ten team while playing the likes of Alabama and Arkansas late in the season.

I think 9-3 or 8-4 is more likely. Mississippi State, ULL, South Carolina, Kentucky and Ole Miss are likely wins. That gives LSU 7 wins. Swing games are Auburn and Arkansas. Tough games are Florida and Alabama.

My guess is that LSU finishes 6-2 in the SEC, either winning the SEC West title outright or in a tie with Alabama. That would make us 9-3 and in the SEC Championship Game.

3. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

Purple Jungle's Analysis . . .

seems well thought out to me. He is optimistic, to be sure. The key is to get OUR PLAYERS to believe in themselves.

NONE of our SEC games are going to be easy this year. Vanderbilt is NOT on our schedule.

I will be thrilled if Purple Jungle turns out to be correct.

4. Pitkin Tiger

Pitkin Tiger Founding Member

I'm not sure how this really effects us.

As this was a SEC east contest, the only effect I see is the mental strength Florida gained from winning big at Neyland. Not arguing, I just don't have it being that big to us. We have to take care of our own business on this side of the conference, and get ready for whomever wins their side. After today it will be difficult but not impossible for Tennessee to be there at the end. As for running the table, I don't see that happening in THIS conference. If it was the Big10/11 maybe, but this is real football, not just a couple of pretty good teams and a bunch of dreamers. That's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

5. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

I hope so to. LSU has a tall task ahead of us. We are at Florida and until that Spurrier talent leaves. I could coach UF. They looked solid yesterday.

Zook will make them an average team. But like Switzer here in Dallas. You inherit that talent you win big games until that talent leaves.

I think we have a shot, but Mauck is still young (in game experience). I think next year is our year.

Geaux Tigers

6. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

I believe LSU matchs up good against all the teams in west. They could run the table in the west and will do it. Hell we have good chance to win in the swamp. Heck Tennesse could not have played any worse than they did saturday. Folks we are in for a 10-2 season maybe 11-1. LSU is getting ready to kick @$$. I do believe!

7. adam13

adam13 Freshman

TexasTigers,
    Don't count on a drop-off in talent at Florida. Spurrier hated recruiting, while Zook loves it. I actually expect the talent level to get better. I also expect Zook to field teams that are better rounded and more hard nosed. In short, I don't think the absence of Spurrier is gonna turn out to be as great as so many think.

8. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Good point actually, the MO on Zook is he is a recruiting machine. The question is can he maintain the recruits having to battle Miami and FSU each year. Spurrier just had to put a sign on his door saying "Open for Business" and the recruits came running because of their program and Spurrier.

i guess the question is, will Zook have the drawing power to get the once Florida leaning kids to turn away from National Champion Miami and the ever powerful FSU.
    I guess time will tell.

Geaux Tigers