ESPN SportsCenter Take on Miles, LSU/Ole Miss Ending

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUGradin99, Nov 23, 2009.

1. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

When I first saw the WBRZ video, I was ticked off. However, it was not in the context of the flow of the game. It appeared as if it had happened after the play. Miles was actually making the hand motion to the ground as the play was ending. Notice he clearly does this when the Ole Miss player is raising the ball as if he had caught it.

*I* accept his explanation. At least I didn't call our head coach any names. Like some others have.

Here is a recording of ESPN's take on it, along with some comments and explanations from Coach Miles. He specifically referenced the YouTube video everyone has seen, at the 2:10 mark. Not the best quality, but I wanted to share.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNSY4Eid2u0[/media]

Also, something no one is talking about is the fact that we should have had more than one second on the clock. TT was down with three seconds. At the very least, we should have had two seconds. Not that we were prepared to get a snap off in two either and kill it with one second, but still. A mistake by the refs again?

2 people like this.
  2. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

I accept his explanation as true. Les Miles effed up by pissing away 17 seconds.....he manned up and accepted responsibility and I respect him for that.

I didn't call CLM any names either (I may have called him a name verbally when the play occured) but I wanted to give the man a chance to tell his side of the story and I wanted him to man up and accept responsibility......and he did both.

Whomever called the "clock it" play down should be dealt with, GC should be fired.

He said that not calling the timeout after Ridley was tackled was his fault and he said that it would be fixed. I believe that he will make it right.

This man won a National Chamionship for LSU.

Let's not be so fickle, LSU fans. Right now we are doing what fanbases like the Gumps do (and said that we would do).

Coach Les Miles effed up. He admitted he effed up like a man. Let's not meltdown.....the Gumps are enjoying this too much.

:geauxtige

:crystal::miles:

3 people like this.
  3. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

Dude, please leave the refs out of this meltdown. None of the problems in the game were related to officiating. It was a hometown clock that ticked off a second or two, but that's to be expected everywhere - even in Tiger Stadium. The officials didn't doom us, incompetence did.

4. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

+1... good post.

5. Tiger10

Tiger10 Founding Member

THis.

6. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

If only LaFell didn't drop the fuggin ball 5 times...

Serious, the whole 2nd half was a goat-phuck. Pissing and moaning over the last minute is just an excuse for what the entire season has been. No pass protection. Nothing but scratch on the run. If not for a defense consistently improving, well...

9-3 is just about what most (myself included) predicted in the off-season and even that is not in stone yet. With the play we have been witness to over this season, one should feel blessed. Got 2 left and lets hope, just like last year, the lights come on and we see a 10-3 finish. Das boot awaits.

:geauxtige

7. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Les Miles has been saying that he's gonna make changes on a weekly basis but I see the same sht on the field week in, week out. This is not a well coached team and never will be. His organizational skills seem on par with his clock management skills.

He won a NC. He was in the right place at the right time. I had his back last season because of it, but we're still returning to the lame times of yore as I see it.

1 person likes this.
  8. LSUGradin99

Look, I am going to talk about whatever I want. You're going to talk about whatever you want. Joe Blow is going to talk about whatever he wants. That is simply the way it is. That's what we all do here, promote discussion. Not the opposite.

Of course is was an enormous meltdown of monumental proportions. That goes without saying. That doesn't mean that we can't discuss other aspects of the final play.

I was just wondering what others though about how much time actually should have been left on the clock. Obviously it *should* have been 15+ seconds is LSU had called the timeout sooner before after the third down play.

But that didn't happen. So I wonder what others thing the proper amount of time left should have been after the TT catch.

9. LSUGradin99

It was a graduate assistant in the press box who radioed down to the field. Then the grad assistants on the field, who signal plays in, relayed that to Jefferson.

10. Chase4LSU

Chase4LSU Waiting on Mettenberger

I accept that CLM made a mistake, and that he took responsibility for it. I also accept his explanation. And I never called him any names, or called for his termination, or called for him to be "tarred and feathered". Coaches make mistakes all the time. Every week. I hope the conferences, videos, radio shows, settle the matter so that we can all look forward to this week for healthy servings of Cochon de Lait:geaux: