ESPN = such a joke

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by clair, Apr 5, 2008.

1. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

it seems as if they were trying to get as many hits as possible and were succeeding.

2. clair

clair Rockets

It's close to a wash with Tennessee getting a slight nod.

Tournament Championships don't really count in my book. Not because LSU doesn't have many, but because that has no bearing on who the best team truly is (see Georgia for the men), and also because Tennessee plays at home for the tournament.

So those things considered, 3 regular season titles in the last 4 years with 4 final fours in all of those years is real close to what Tennessee has done in the past 4 years, although the national title puts them over the top.

The thing that bugs me is with infinite storylines and 4 teams to talk about, they only talk about 1.

That is what bugs me. UConn and Stanford all have some pretty good players, too. Let's talk about them.

Hell, Maya Moore is the best woman's player I have seen this year.

3. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Sure Summit is one of the greatest women's coaches ever but lately they have been covering her on ESPN like she is battling cancer or retiring. The past week I have just had enough. I actually watched the end of the women's McDonald's All American game. The ESPN announcers were talking about Summit more than the girls actually recruited by her over and over again. Only once did they say anyhting about the recruits abilities.

In between the Summit slob fest, it took an LSU recruit Hughes I think, to knock down an NBA range 3 pointer to get 3 seconds of coverage before talking about Summit again.

At least LSU has the chance to knock Summit team out of contention and just maybe we can hear about some other stories.

4. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Fair enough, I can go along with that. Looks like you put your journalist glasses back on. :wink:

5. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Did anyone catch the piece with Summitt's son? He did seem like a nice kid but I wasn't sure if he was playing Raggedy Ann in a musical or not. Kind of looked like a masculine female or Matt from Nip/Tuck.

6. clair

clair Rockets

14 games over 2 months playing 7 at home 7 on the road against everyone > 3 games in 1 weekend only 1 of which against a "top" team in the SEC.

7. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

And I feel very confident we will. Everything is going to fall into place, and that's what I meant in my initial post about flying under the radar as much AS POSSIBLE. We aren't going to surprise anyone but let them get the hype, we'll get the Championship.

8. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

i am rather nervous about the game. but like all other lsu fans, i would love for the lady tigers to knock off tennessee. its just gonna be tough to do.

9. clair

clair Rockets

Tennessee isn't a GREAT team.

they're really good, but they're not their usual GREAT-self.

LSU is certainly capable. hell, they were down 21-2 in Tennessee's gym and won by 15 points.

I just hope the girl's don't relax with Parker's injury, because Tennessee did play tie basketball with A&M with Parker on the sidelines.

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

tennessee is a 4 pt favorite.

uconn is 8.5