ESPN take on LSU-AU and Ivan

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MikeD, Sep 13, 2004.

1. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

CBS isn't "locked" into anything. Usually, CBS goes up to about 10 days before kickoff before deciding which SEC game to show on a given weekend. One reason why they pegged the Tenn-ND game so early is there isn't anything on the schedule involving an SEC team that is nearly as attractive a matchup (Georgia-Kentucky? Florida-Vandy?). That is, there isn't an attractive alternative...yet.

Now, if ND is a top team come 11/6, then, yes, I can see them sticking with that game, but if they tank (and Tenn is not a top 10 team, either), then I'm sure they'd warm up quickly to an LSU-AU game if both teams are still riding high in the polls.

2. PaulP

PaulP Founding Member

Exactly. Tubby has as much to do with the decision as does the Louisville head coach. I say it is 90/10 the game will be postponed to Nov. 6th.

3. Carface

Carface What the...?

I wouldn't mind if it was pushed back to Sunday, either.

4. LSUDAN

LSUDAN Founding Member

Wesfau,

Wasn't all the war comment by Hausel dealing with a rant about Bama. I remember hearing his comments one time on the radio.

LSUDAN

5. wesfau

wesfau Founding Member

Yeah, it was some pre-game comment that Housel made. So the poster who was quoted above began his joke post with "Housel's response to ..."

6. Cat Squirrel

Cat Squirrel Founding Member

I honestly don't see ANY of the school personel making the call IF it is bad enough.

IF (and I know Ivan is weakening) this storm comes through as a Cat 3 or 4, emergency personel will probably forbid something like a CFB game. I wouldn't imagine that emergency preparedness officials would agree to bring in 85,000 football fans into an area that is trying to recover from a catastrophe.

Ramah said it best...God will schedule the game, anything else is just posturing by each fanbase (which is fun and all) :hihi: