ESPN-U segment

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by fanatic, Oct 13, 2010.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

i have searched and searched but to no avail. Gameday's webpage has alot of last weeks stuff but not that skit.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I thought it was very unprofessional for Game Day to ridicule a team instead of just reporting the sports news.

3. BrettStah

BrettStah Tiger Fan

Hopefully LSU (the team and the fans) can laugh along, all the way to Atlanta...

4. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

hey you're right, just like its unprofessional for them to give hand jobs to the Cowboys, USC, Brett Farve, Tebow, and Lebron. But they still do it.

5. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Yes it is, they are Entertainment and Sports Programming Network. Unfortunately for them they just aren't very entertaining to those that are the butt of their joke.

6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

They have 2+ hours to fill.

They have to come up with something. Les Miles is too easy a target.

From a programming and ratings standpoint, it would have been foolish of them to pass that opportunity up.

7. LaSalleAve

The skit on the set was fine, what i thought was insulting was going to a kindergarten to learn about time, and having a clock maker give Miles advice. Lets see the clock maker or the teacher work in that pressure filled chaotic situation.

8. Bud Lee

Bud Lee Call me buttercup

Meh…I have to admit I’m a little over sensitive when it comes to ESPN and LSU. You know…the whole lack of respect thing during USC’s hay day a few years back.

I must say that I watch almost every week and I can’t remember seeing them making fun of another program. Something tells me that the fact that this clip is NO WHERE (other than the pirated version above) on the net tells me that perhaps they even think that they went a bit too far.

That or the taste of crow and foot fungus was so overbearing in their mouths after we won at the swamp, that they rather just forget about the whole thing.

9. LaSalleAve

I'm betting on that because they all picked Florida. Everyone. May, Holtz, Herbstreit, Corso, Howard, hell even Spencer Tillman from CBS said Florida blows LSU out.

10. LaSalleAve

Then why wasn't there a skit after Pete Carroll had gotten beaten by a crap team, then another the next year, then a 50 point underdog the next year?

Why didn't they have a pee wee team lining up to take on USC? I understand the media is what it is, and competitive media means people have to make stories out of everything, but i still believe Herbstreit is pissed because Miles made his credibility take a hit.