ESPN-U segment

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by fanatic, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Kandjviz

Kandjviz Founding Member

+1

2. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: This! :thumb: ESPN & many of the other so called "experts" and talking heads are too busy gobbling USC & others for something like that to be talked about. :LSU231:

3. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

Oh man .... why did Erin Andrews just flash in my mind!

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Or you could have a skit with Urban Meyer hot on the recruiting trail at the different prisons in Florida.

5. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

I wonder if the ESPN Ombudsman will comment on it. He's been a busy dude lately.

6. Bud Lee

Bud Lee Call me buttercup

OOOO....you're right Red. They all picked Florida so he is likely to give them a arse chewing.

7. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I reaaaaaly don't care what most of the sports commentators think or say. First of all, most dont think...they just say.

All they do is just sit around and just say what comes off the top of their heads...they shoot off their mouths just like we all do here on Tf. The big difference is that they get paid for saying stupid $h!t and we don't. To tell you the truth, there's more insight in what Red, Izzy, Bandit, etc say on this website than the dribble that drips out the mouth of ex jock talking heds... and after the weekend is over and the games have been played, they just move on to the next game and NEVER revisit what they said to compare it with what actually transpired. And everything is forgotten...there's absolutely NO accountability for what they say as long as ratings are up.

Friday night for example, I heard Hokie Gajan actually say that the only way LSU could win was if Florida forfeited...and he really meant it because he spent all week long Miles bashing because that's what the LSU fanbase wanted to hear.

After the game he was all over Miles' rear end congratulating him for a great win that was well coached, etc. Do you think Hokie would go back on the air and say "I was wrong."? Do you think he would say, "Man I underestimated Miles' ability to get this team ready."?

Hokie wasn't saying ANYTHING about what he said prior to the game...but he sure the heck was thinking about it, and hoping like heck no one remembered what he said.

I did !!!

8. ozarkbengal

ozarkbengal Founding Member

Incredible ............. do these "fans" have no shame? Keep the wagons circled CLM:miles:

9. Rex C.

Rex C. member

If there is ANY reason a great univerity suffers, it ain't cause of Les Miles - it's the 3 years of cumulative budget cuts that have set LSU back to a 1972 level of operating funds.

Trust me, the football program is one of the few bright spots.

10. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Aaah, 1972 !!!

(That was my senior year in High School) :rolleye33:
    (I think LSU was a whopping $600 / semester back then....Right Red ?)