ESPN's Bowl Picks

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Chase4LSU, Dec 18, 2009.

1. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

PSU#1, I haven't seen Penn State play a game all season... What's ya'lls QB play like? I like our secondary, especially if ya'll have a sloppy QB. Just wondering.

2. psu--lioness

psu--lioness Freshman

I live near Pittsburgh as well and I have to disagree. I am not saying we will win but KNOW we can't pleaseeeeeeeee. I think you may have been talking to Pitt **** fans masquerading as PSU fans:rolleye33: You are drinking way too much Kool-aid . The way you talk we may as well stay home.

3. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

when we played Miami many thought the Canes to be the Hottest team in the country!

ND had 2 #1 draft picks and playing hot!!

I guess I remember it all a little different

cliff:miles:

4. charlie_c0756

charlie_c0756 Founding Member

For the record: Pitt would KILL PSU. You know it, I know it. Most all Pennsylvania football fans know it.

I don't think PSU is a bad team. I don't think PSU is a really good team. I think it's possible PSU could give LSU a game. I don't think PSU can beat LSU. After this game is played, you'll have a ALOT more respect for the SEC. It's been proven more often than not that other conferences can't hang with the SEC.

What I do know is this: The national championship has already been played. Alabama beat Florida and EARNED the title. The two best teams already played. If you go back to the games LSU played with both of those teams, you'll see the outcome of each was very close. We played and stayed in the game with both of these teams and with a few variations, we might have won. We are not that far off from the crystal. I guarantee you that PSU would NOT want to play LSU next year in the regular season. It's gonna be bad enough in the upcoming bowl game.

5. BAY0U BENGAL

Neither one of these teams deserved shyt after the way they played all season. They were handed games and you know it.

6. PSU#1

PSU#1 Freshman

Bayoubengal: Our QB has been pretty good. Daryll Clark has broken most of the PSU passing records. However, he has been under a lot of criticism for not winning many big games. Everyone blames him for the losses to Iowa and Ohio State this season. But in reality, it wasn't his fault. It was the Offensive lines fault for not blocking for him at all. He was under a lot of pressure for most of the game. That's why I am saying LSU needs to get pressure on him in order to win the game. Cause if they don't, he'll show you why he has been first team all conference the last 2 seasons. I truly believe that he can beat good teams if our O-line makes him comfortable in the pocket.

7. BAY0U BENGAL

hmmm... sounds familiar... Thanks for the response psu

8. $TigerFan$

$TigerFan$ Father of CajinKid

You may get your wish, we haven't pressured anyone all year. It could just be my perception as I am used to a more dominant front, but line play was not that great this year. If it is as you say I am concerned about letting him get too comfortable and sticking around long enough to beat us. We have had that problem all year, teams we SHOULD have put away early just hung around and gained confidence.:cuss:

9. charlie_c0756

charlie_c0756 Founding Member

I think you're wrong. Period. The inconsistent play by these teams were against SEC teams.
    They were "handed" games? You sound alot like Ohio State and USC fans. They're always crying about how they got shafted out of a win. That's exactly what USC was saying after we played for the BCS instead of them.
    When Alabama and Florida played in the SEC championship they were ranked #1 and #2 at the end of the regular season. I guess you think they didn't deserve the ranking? Get a grip.

10. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

It's a bowl game. Against a legendary coach and a storied football school.

I'll settle for a win!

I don't care if it takes an onsides kick followed by an improbable 60 yard FG with 1 second on the clock because the coaches didn't remember they had a timeout remaining until the clock was down to :02.

I just hope the defense is ready. They will be the key to this football game.