ESPN's Chris Low ranks the Mettsiah as #7 QB in SEC for 2012

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tiger_fan, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

That's nice, but they haven't proven a damn thing on the field. I don't expect anyone of them to be in Trent's "class". And I'm sorry, but I don't think the Tigers were too floored with AJ's ability to hit a wide open TE 7yrs off the LOS.

2. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

Absurd, Lacy and Fowler and the young phenoms are plenty good enough to win any SEC game. Honey Badger would argue that MVP of the NC, AJ McCarron (23 0f 34 for 234 yards and first sophomore QB to win a NC in the BCS era), threw plenty that got his attention against the second rated defense in the nation.

3. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

People have been raving about Lacy like they were raving about Trent Richardson when he was backing Mark Ingram up. He may not be in Trent's class but he's still an elite SEC RB. He's proven it as well as he could in limited touches.

4. sm5o4

sm5o4 Founding Member

If you're talking about this one Twitter it's not really him. It even says at the top of the page that it's a parody.

5. Mezmorizor

Mezmorizor Founding Member

Speaking of Mett, has he deleted his twitter account? He's no longer in my following list D:

And lacy is good, real good. I'm not totally convinced about Hart yet, but I really haven't seen him much. And let's be honest, you don't have to be Emmitt Smith or Barry Sanders to put up great numbers with Bama's o-line.

6. Sat62183

Sat62183 Veteran Member

Have you ever heard Andrew Luck talk sounds like he has a ....in his mouth. But he's soon to be #1 pick someones the dumb sounding guys are the best one's.

7. $TigerFan$

$TigerFan$ Father of CajinKid

I think Lacey shows a lot of promise. In fact with the OL he will have to run behind and a decent QB in AJ he may be better than TR and MI. I was more afraid of what a healthy Lacey would do to us more than TR. We proved we could slow down TR, I think Lacey will be more of a punishing back. A whole game of hitting him may take its toll in the 4th quarter. AJ may even be better this year with a NC under his belt. The best thing that can happen to a young QB with ability is give him confidence and with the weapons he has he will have tons of it.

8. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

You're out of your mind. Lacy isn't near the back that Richardson is. He's good, but he ain't that good. They're on two different tiers, potnuh. I still think he'll run on people and give defenses fits.

9. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

Yep. TR was special with his combination of strength, incredible speed and flat out great in blocking and catching as well. These special attributes are what bring home the bacon. But Bama has set the table for the next generation of skilled players. Now that spring has almost sprung, we're excited to see what we got.

10. TigerSnarl

TigerSnarl Air Conditioned Gypsy

Back to LSU....

Our Defense held Low's #1 QB (Wilson) to 207 yards this past season. Actually was 1 yard less than what our 'passing offense' accomplished.