ESPN's Corso picks LSU

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by EELSU1, Aug 23, 2002.

1. EELSU1

EELSU1 Founding Member

On ESPN tonight, during halftime of the Fresno State-Wisconson game, Lee Corso predicted LSU would play Texas in the national championship game.

As many predictions as he misses, could this be one he gets right?!

Also, when Corso made the prediction, his studio partner Kirk Herbstreet said something like, "all I have is two words for you - Matt Mauch."

To which Corso had a great reply how Mauch came in to beat Tennessee last year.

2. JoeReckless

JoeReckless Guest

This is the report from The Advocate:

CORSO SEES FIESTA FOR LSU: Was it the kiss of death for the LSU Tigers -- or a vision of things to come?

Friday night during halftime of the Fresno State-Wisconsin game, ESPN college football analysts Lee Corso and Kirk Herbstreit revealed who they thought would play in the Fiesta Bowl for the national championship.

Both called it an SEC-Big 12 affair. Herbstreit said it would be Tennessee vs. Oklahoma. Corso picked LSU vs. Texas.

Corso said he liked the Tigers because they won eight of their last nine games last season, beat Illinois in the Sugar Bowl and that he expected Nick Saban's defense to be improved. Tune in after the conference championship games Dec. 7 to see who's right.

3. Sambacocker

Sambacocker Freshman

Uh oh, if Corso picked you guys then you're in trouble. ;)

4. eric d

eric d Guest

5. eric d

eric d Guest

I'm just glad that we get to enter a season with a since of optimism. Unlike too many seasons in the last decade.

6. Just the fact the SOMEONE mentioned LSU and national championship in the same breath is a step in the right direction.

Personally, I would rather he not said it. I like LSU in the underdog role. Fine with me if opposing teams don't respect LSU. They'll learn the hard way.

I guess I'm going to have to get UNused to the underdog role and used to the role of national powerhouse.

7. r_bear42

r_bear42 Founding Member

Prediction

Never respected Corso's or his predictions very much. After his appearance on "Game Day" here when LSU played Bama, I really began to dislike him, although sometime he is funny. Realistically, I think the Tigers are one year away from playing for the National Championship. But, I look for the Tigers to play again at the end of this season in another BCS Bowl. Geaux Tigers!