ESPN's Gameday to broadcast UF's spring game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by cadillacattack, Mar 25, 2008.

1. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

It was only a matter of time before those money-hungry bastiges figured out how to weasel thier way into the offseason .......

[​IMG]

2. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Televising is one thing. Interviewing players and pimping feel-good stories is another... There is a special place for all of them in he...:wave:

I just wish LSU would do theirs at 7:00PM instead of 5:00PM. Seems somebody wants to teach us a lesson in persevering. :milesmic:

3. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

hook...line

4. luvdimtigers

luvdimtigers Founding Member

anybody know what's the most LSU drew in a spring game? Seems like I remember Dinardo promoted it pretty good one year, and I think we drew around 30,000, but I can't remember.

5. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Personally, I think it's a pretty solid move by ESPN. Whether you like the idea or not, considering the chance of Tebow winning a 2nd Heisman award, it should be a good draw in terms of ratings.

I'd be willing to bet that Meyer will include the point of Gameday being in Gainesville in his recruiting letters. It's a win - win situation for ESPN and UF. The only drawback I see is viewers will be forced to listen to Lugenbill (?) if he's on the set.

6. friedriches

friedriches mr. t

Great, more programming on ESPN that I'm not interested in. There seems to be a lot of that these days.