ESPN's hatin' again...and it pisses me off

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by ScottforJC, Oct 10, 2010.

1. Celtic Tiger

Celtic Tiger Tiger Stadium West Dorm

The more they build up Florida the better for the Tigers, because we beat them!

They can't help but comment on the Tigers, by the end of the season the Tigers will be one of the most talked about teams. Good for recruiting. Football fans who watched the game aren't stupid. The fans don't need someone telling them what they can see for themselves. All fans talk about media bias.

:crystal::crystal: then:miles::crystal::crystal:

2. Herb

Herb Founding Member

Announcers really only have 1 job: keep ratings high so their employer can sell more ads.

Florida has more and bigger TV markets. That is all.

3. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

I noticed this too.. Don't think they showed a single first half highlight. They started with the UFA kick return td.

4. ozarkbengal

ozarkbengal Founding Member

That "we dont get any respect" thing is fine. The swagger on the field was real. Players wanted to show what they can do and they did!

5. Trolyce

Trolyce Founding Member

I've seen the ESPN highlights at least six times and I didn't see the bias? Hell, the TT catch was the number one play on the top ten. The Fl kick return was a great highlight, if the shoe was on the other foot, people would complain that they didn't show it.

Let's stop trying to create a conspiracy. Nobody's "hatin" LSU. If you look at the highlights from all the games, it's pretty consistent.

6. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

They showed the Florida scores to show how it setup LSU's game winning drive. I didn't see a problem.

7. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

Last Night ... this LSU team was reminding me of the 2007 NC team. There's really no "big name" players on it, except for maybe Peterson, who made a huge mistake last night.

But last night .. they played as a team. Everyone looked better. The Offense put up 33 points on a defense that is considered pretty darn good. In fact, the offense put up more points on the FL defense than Bama did.

The Defense played tight, as usual. I think LSU is going to be the sleeper team this season. All the announcers and media are hyping S.C. and Auburn ... and of course Oregon and OHS., but LSU has a pretty good shot at making it to the NC this year if they played like they did last night.

AND .. I'm thinking that CLM is beginning to figure out his QB issue. Lee is the man to drive the ball down the field. [9/11, 82%, 124 yrds, 2 TDs]. Jefferson is a good change of pace once you get into the Red Zone.