ESPN's The Daily Quickie

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SoLa in NoIll, Nov 24, 2003.

1. SoLa in NoIll

SoLa in NoIll Founding Member

CFB: Who's No. 2?
    The BCS debate over which team -- USC or LSU -- should have the No. 2 spot in the national-title game plays out a lot like the Democratic presidential primary:

LSU has "substance": Schedule-strength advantage, thanks to next week vs. Arkansas, then SEC title game (prob. vs. BCS Top 10 team).

But USC has "electability": Of the two, the better chance to beat the No. 1 Sooners.

Politics analogy fall apart in the actual game: Does it really matter? Oklahoma is winning the Sugar Bowl in a rout.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/quickie

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

If LSU manages to make it to the Sugar Bowl . . . Oklahoma is going to have its hands full.

3. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

I have very, very serious concerns about our ability to run our "regular" offense versus Oklahoma after this past Saturday's game.

If the line has a subpar game, Mauck gets pressure. If Mauck gets pressure, Mauck gets tight and forces things. If Mauck gets tight and forces things downfield, we turn it over.

I say the best approach is the most boring: a steady diet of draws, quick slants and quick outs to get both Mauck and the OL in some sort of rhythm early.

I just want to get to the Sugar but c'mon, Tiger fans, we're in for the fight of our lives versus OU and will need plenty of luck.

Consider this: if David Cutcliffe can gameplan well enough in 2 weeks to do what he did against LSU with what talent he has on hand, what will Bob Stoops be able to do in nearly 4 weeks with one of the greatest defenses of all time?

Wow, that's a scary thought...

4. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

What can Nick Saban do with four weeks to plan with one of the greatest defenses of all time?

5. LStUdent

LStUdent Founding Member

I think the game this weekend was just an off day for out Offense, the line and Mauck especially. I don't think that it will happen again.