ESPN's Top 5 Basketball Teams Next Year

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by kveille, Apr 4, 2006.

1. kveille

kveille Founding Member

Did anyone see ESPN this morning when they announced their top 5 basketball teams to contend for the national title next year?

I don't remember the order, but I remember Florida being last and NC being 1 or 2.

1. North Carolina
    2. Ohio State
    3. UCLA
    4. Kansas
    5. Florida

I was surprised that LSU was not in their top 5. Although, I think LSU plays a lot better when they are an underdog and not much attention is given to them. If everyone stays at LSU we will easily have a top 5 team next year.

2. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I'm not surprised, really.
    I'm surprised Florida was in the top 5, thats a miracle!
    Espn and others think the LSU run was a fluke.
    They also think the SEC wasn't the top conference this year.
    That was also a fluke.
    Now stay tuned for the ACC Pac 10 lovefest coming to a channel near you.

3. pheroy

pheroy Founding Member

Which players go early to the NBA could have a big impact on that list. IMO Noah is a guy who I'd take above Thomas right now. LSU is one of several very talented and young teams, but honestly we still have a real question mark at the guard position and especially PG. There are 3 or maybe even 4 players who will be in the mix (Minor, Voogd, Temple, Martin) but none have shown they can be really effective there. Developing a solid PG has to be the #1 offseason goal for Brady and staff. If we can do that, we could be a legit top 5 team. If not, we're a notch below that level.

4. kcal

kcal Founding Member

i could be wrong but i think that was dickie v's top 5 list, not espn's. he was on mike & mike when he announced it. dickie v was last seen washing his mouth out with soap as soon as he picked LSU to advance

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

LSU with Thomas and Davis back would be a top-5 candidate. But nobody on the national scene expects that to happen.

6. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

With the exception of UCLA, the Pac 10 get's no love in basketball.

7. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

and 'zona

8. TigerKid05

TigerKid05 Say Whaa!?!?

frankly, if we go into to next year, under the radar, again...i wouldnt mind.

I love it when LSU proves all the media types wrong. I also think we should play Duke next year, regular season.

9. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Agree with Red, if Tyrus and Davis come back I think we will start getting more respect. I would have to think these projections are made thinking 1 or both of them won't be back next year.

Also, just because we aren't in the top five doesnt mean we aren't #6. If TT and Baby come back, trust me, we will be highly ranked.

10. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free