Etling 3 of 25 on 20+ yards, LSU's dink-and-dunk plays right into Saban's hands?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by beatbama, Oct 3, 2016.

1. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

You really do have a complex. I think your expectations are just plain silly. You thought our QBs only weren't throwing great because of Miles? Not because they aren't that great? And playcalling in situations is what we were looking for, but I feel like you knew that, and it wouldn't help your trolling ways.

You're either:

1.) a closeted Bama fan
    2.) Taint
    3.) so new to the LSU bandwagon, you're just spewing numbers to sound cool

GregLSU likes this.
  2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

It's not working.

GregLSU and shane0911 like this.
  3. Rouxleaux

Rouxleaux Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?

You forget that "dinking and dunking" opened up the line and let us rush for 300 yards. Not saying that will happen with the gumps but it is better then letting them put 11 in the box.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  4. Rouxleaux

Rouxleaux Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?

I vote for #4 off the meds

lsu-i-like and BAY0U BENGAL like this.
  5. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

I don't know about the dinking and dunking stuff, or how often someone needs to go long, but a good QB, who can run a balanced attack is needed. To me, Miles wasn't having to reinvent himself, the LSU machine wasn't broke down, just in need of serious calibration. Can Etling run a balanced attack? I would think the system is at least in a place where you can legitimately find out. That's all you can ask.

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Oh it was broken and he was not calling a mechanic for diagnosis much less an overhaul.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
    ROY_LA_CA likes this.
  7. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

The ONE thing duct tape couldn't fix.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  8. Guido Merkins

Guido Merkins Founding Member

I don't know whether dink or dunk will work against Bama. Not sure that's really the point, at least not this year. The point is, unless Saturday was a total mirage, we now have an offense that can, at least, complete some short, easy throws which is more than we had before.

Is it enough to beat Bama?? Honestly, the only reason why I think we have a shot is because that game is in BR. Bama's defense is on another level and they match up very well with us. So it might work this year, but long term?? Yeah, we gotta be better throwing the ball. But honestly, if we finish with 4 losses at this point, you'd have to consider that a solid season considering what it looked like after the 4th game...

9. MikeInLa

MikeInLa Founding Member

@beatbama you truly will never be satisfied if you can't see and appreciate the improvements that the rest of us here saw Saturday night. Every one of your posts since you joined here has been bitching, even after a 42-7 win. With only one week to prepare, you can't argue the exceptional improvement on offense already. Give them a few more games before you pound them out and analyze everything to death. Grab a cold beer, relax a little, hell... watch the Saints and go bitch in the Saints board for a while.

10. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

Sounds like you feel that Etling can't give you a balanced attack? Maybe so, I've personally felt the pieces have been there, just not well managed. It's gonna be intriguing to watch what the O is brewing in Gainsville.