Etling 3 of 25 on 20+ yards, LSU's dink-and-dunk plays right into Saban's hands?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by beatbama, Oct 3, 2016.

1. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

The thing to remember about long passes... MOST of the time, overthrows are much better than underthrows... Usually means the difference between an interception and an incompletion.

Timing and touch on long passes I believe will come with more first team reps. Also, Ensminger needs to work with Etling on some backshoulder stuff along the sideline (though I'm not sure if that is too modern for CSE).

2. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

The reason why 'anybody cares' about beating Mizzou is because we had gotten to the point where we were playing down to and struggling with even the lesser teams on the schedule. We only beat Jax St. by 24 and struggled with 3 and outs or short drives throughout the whole game. And it was like groundhog's day because it was the same thing that's happened so many times before.

So the first game after the coaching change, we demolish an SEC opponent that had to resort to a gimmick play just to score a TD and avoid being shut out. The team had more energy, the play calling was less predictable, and they played a complete game in all phases for the first time in I can't even remember when. To your point, it was against a Missouri team that isn't that good, but so what? They're better than Jax. St. and I bet they'd be competitive against AU. So yeah, people are going to get excited by how the team looked against them. Given that, how can you not be enthusiastic and hopeful by what you saw? Can they sustain it? We'll find out soon enough.

3. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

11 in the box? Last season Bama never put an extra two defenders in the box and only brought an extra six times.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  4. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Sort of they had the safeties crashing down at the snap on just about every play. They were in the box when it counted.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  5. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Touched a nerve...

6. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

I don't participate in game day threads. I do read them. I've got an add-on ( @BRETT free, btw) that turns the thread "live." It works just like a chat room really... once you post in the thread you never have to refresh.

Anyway ... during the game last year a former QB at Bama made that comment in the thread. I hadn't noticed. As it turns out another site picked up on it and threw out a game recap. SBNation, maybe? I'll see if I can find it in a few minutes.

7. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

8. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

Well, he has a month to learn how to connect on the deep ball with our new OC

9. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  10. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

I don't understand why Bama feels so special. There were other teams who stuffed LF7. Alabama just had more superior athletes on the field. Anybody with a brain knew that CLM was going to line up in power I and stubbornly try to beat you whether its 7 or 9 in the box. Hence why LSU fans are happy to see him go and opposing coaches (Saban) are upset about it, they actually have to work up a game plan now.