Evangel

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SabanFan, Feb 7, 2003.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

We might want to start cutting Evangel some slack. 4 of them are in Dandy Don's Top 20 Juniors.

2. roygu

roygu Founding Member

True

JD Booty, QB; Chris Bowers, DE; and Hester,FB; have already been offered scholarships by Saban. I know what does Saban know about talent. Everyone knows that no one from Evangel has ever made an impact in college football. LOL

3. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

Does anyone think we'll have a shot at Booty? I know the emotion factor will help since both brothers played at LSU, but will he get "Lane Fever" and decide not to compete and go to Miss St or Arky? Tennessee will have an excellent argument to go there since they only signed on QB this year (a clipboard holder at best, from what I'm hearing up here). Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have him. It would be nice to have a Louisiana QB at the helm, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

4. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

I think the Booty family blames LSU for Josh and Abram not fulfilling their "greatness" while at LSU.

5. Tiger Trey

Tiger Trey Founding Member

My "Evangel Insider" tells me that

Miami is in the lead for JDBooty. The Vols are in 2nd place. Tenn is a contender because he thinks that Fulmer will let him play as a freshman. Frpm what I have been told, Miami has a couple of guys who rotate visits to Shreveport almost weekly. He may be full of it, but I don't know for sure.

Says LSU is out of the question because of the way his two brothers were received in BR. (Please, let's not rehash all that.) This guy also says that JD is different from his brothers. He admits that Josh and Abram were idiots who never had to crack a book at Evangel. The school has had to upgrade in academics and JD is smarter and more mature than either of his older brothers.

We'll see. My biggest problem with Evangel QBs is the offense they run there. No NCAA program is ever gonna go that way and the QBs who play there seem to think it is the way to go. They are so confident in it (because of the winning results) that they think their college should try it.

6. TennesseeTiger

I blame Josh, myself. He should have played football first and let baseball wait. That's what ruined it.

It's all water under the bridge, though. I watched the video of Russell and he looks very good.

7. dallastigers

Flynn looks good too in his video. He also looks like a better runner than I had heard.

8. TomyDingo

TomyDingo Founding Member

i hear Flynn is more of a throw on the run QB, but from the Russell videos I saw, Russell likes to move around too.

9. TennesseeTiger

Where can you see a video of Flynn?

10. dallastigers

At LSUsports.tv

You have to join though. He made several long runs which I had just heard about his passing skills.