Evangel

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SabanFan, Feb 7, 2003.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

There is nothing wrong with Evangel. It is a fine school that turns out Div I players. This hostility towards Evangel does not help LSU.

True, Abram and Josh Booty were immature and quit LSU when their starting jobs were threatened. True, Evangel coach Dunn has blasted LSU publicly and sends his players elsewhere. Criticise them all you want, but not the school.

Byron Dawson was a fine LSU player from Evangel who played out his eligibility. We may get more fine players from Evangel if we don't build up walls. Helping LSU get top players is more important than blowing of steam by blasting Evangel.

2. BigJ4LSU

BigJ4LSU Founding Member

Do not rule out Texas...Dunn would love to send his boyfriend Mack Brown a present.

3. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

If JD Booty stays in Louisiana I think he would go to LA Tech. Most of the coaches over on Broadacre's Road played for LA Tech at some point in time. But I see JD Booty heading to a Big 12 school like most ECA boys.

4. DC-Tiger

DC-Tiger Founding Member

DallasTiger.....

I have a question about joining lsusports.net (or.tv). How good is the site? Do they have good info? Thanks in advance.

5. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

Is is nice to hear some of the radio programs or watch some of the news conferences that I cannot get in Dallas. They have a great library of past games, but until they improve their bandwith and/or server it is very poor quality. It is bad for live radio for games as well in that it is hard to get a connection. I have a cable modem and watching real video items on Real.com's (or others) site is 2 to 3 times better than on lsusports.tv, so it is not my end that is the problem.
    It is like 29.99 for 6 months, and I am not sure if I am going to renew after my time is up this month. More because of the quality than the content.

6. TravisCoTiger

TravisCoTiger Founding Member

Personally, I'm glad Dunn blasts LSU,given his reputation as an upstanding,moral person(LOL).Yup,Mr.Snakeoil salesman(Mack Brown) sure knows how to pick his friends!!

7. roygu

roygu Founding Member

Dunn

Can you give me a reference, aside from posts like yours, that quotes Dunn blasting LSU?

Can you give me one good reason that a HS coach should recommend that one of his players play for Dinardo?

8. TravisCoTiger

TravisCoTiger Founding Member

Sure.Just look at Red 55's post on the first page of this very subject. Understood,it's only hearsay,but I've heard from others as well that he's publicly questioned why any kid would want to go to such an awful place.If that's true,given his suspect character,I think LSU's much better off without his endorsements. He reminds me of Warren Moon,one of these "moral" guys when the camera's on who goes home and brutalizes his wife.

9. roygu

roygu Founding Member

Internet verification

Good enough for me. So i guess Saban is going to coach at least five NFL teams next year. I have read repeatedly that Saban will coach several different NFL teams. hmm

I listened to Dunn on radio (the Songy show), immediately after the fiasco with Brock Berlin vs Dinardo, hit the news. Dunn said."I have always been a big LSU fan, Evangel needs LSU much more than LSU needs Evangel." I heard him say it and I did not need an internet post to make it real. If I was JDBs dad I would not want him at LSU. Not because I dislike LSU but the fact is the Booty name is just too polarizing. I could not stand to listen to the fans verbally beat up my kid day after day and still enjoy the season.

I'll ask you, if you were a HS Coach and had a great passing Quarterback on your team, would you advise the kid to play quarterback for Dinardo?
    I wouldn't and I have been an LSU fan since 1962.

I have sat on watch in the military with a earphone in my ear with a radio hidden in my pocket listening to LSU football many nights. Like most tiger fans I have gone to great extremes to enjoy the tigers but I somtimes put my family ahead of my pleasure. :)

10. nuttie

nuttie Founding Member

I would be very suprised if he does not end up at Texas.

Just from what I hear around here.