Even God is pulling for the Tigers !

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by WestCoastTiger, Dec 22, 2003.

1. WestCoastTiger

WestCoastTiger Founding Member

The family and I went to a Christmas party for my wife's side of the family yesterday. They are mostly USC grads and fans.

I had my LSU hat, LSU socks and LSU jacket on amongst the enemy. That was fun ! They talked about the plane tickets they had purchased, the phone calls they made to me 2 weeks ago about where to stay in New Orleans for the Sugar Bowl etc.

Then it was time to eat. I was asked to bless the food and say the prayer. With LSU and USC fans holding hands for prayer, it went something like this:

Dear Jesus,

We are all thankful for Christmas because without your birth and you in our lives' there would be no Christmas. We thank you for all you have done and continuing to show us the true meaning of Christmas.

Finally and most importantly Father we ask for a LSU win and a USC loss ! Amen.

Needless to say the crowd wearing purple and gold were on their feet while the USC fans chuckled.

2. StarscreamLSU

StarscreamLSU Founding Member

Well -- its good to know he's a Tiger fan becuase after yesterday it's sure as hell clear he's not a Saints fan.

3. Bestbank Tiger

Bestbank Tiger Founding Member

Another sign God's a Tiger fan--the priests are wearing purple and gold.

4. Golden Tiger

Golden Tiger Founding Member

Thats a good story WestCoastTiger,

5. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Not that I'm the very religious type--raised and baptised Catholic, but it's not like I attend church every week (or month for that matter) :) ...but I've always thought of name "Saints" to be sacreligious. I mean, you have a team that grown men are trying to break the other in half, cussing up a storm....and then that team is NAMED the SAINTS?!

I've grown up a diehard Saints fan--but I"m starting to feel as if they're getting what they deserve. Shouldn't have picked a name like that.

...oh well....at least we have the TIGAHS!!!!

6. OhioSooner

OhioSooner Freshman

Great story, awesome prayer, I can only go along with half of it, Go Blue,
    GO SOONERS!!!!!!

7. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

I think what happenned to the Saints is a good sign. God is focusing on the Tigers and is saving all his influence for them.

God works in strange ways sometimes.

I hope he is wearing his LSU jacket come jan.4th.

Geaux Tigers

8. rickyd

rickyd Founding Member

The Saints name is perfect for them. Most Saints were martyred. Which is what this team is best at. They just lay down and die!!

9. WestCoastTiger

WestCoastTiger Founding Member

Rick, no doubt. Their franchise is cursed. I'm a huge Saints fan but didn't watch the game for the 1st time all season. I was getting headaches every Sunday. The mrs. asked me if anything else caused you pain would you continue? Good point. No Saints game yesterday, no headache.

Ready for the Tigers. Got my plane tickets in hand (still need tickets to the game).

Geaux Tigers !

10. AustinLSU

AustinLSU Freshman

As my brother would say, "Its all about that nawlins funk." *proceeds to do the something spells bad cringe*