Even Tim Couch

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by 00Tiger, Oct 16, 2010.

1. 00Tiger

00Tiger Founding Member

can see which QB gives this team a spark. It's not that hard to see.

2. paducahmichael

paducahmichael Tiger Band Class of '73

It really does seem that the O has more energy with JL in the game. The tempo seems faster, too. And the scoring... :geaux:

3. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

I have to crunch the numbers to be sure but I think after 3 games the stats between the two QB's are: JJ - 3 FG, 1 TD, 7 Punts, 4 Turnovers. JLee - 1 FG, 9 TD, 5 Punts, 1 Turnover.

I'm sure it's a little off since I'm going from memory, but darn. That's still a pretty glaring stat.

4. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

The thing is, will Lee start vs Auburn, and get most of the snaps? We'll need a passing game next week. JJ looked awful tonight and just can't seem to get it together.

:geauxtige

5. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

He must. He absolutely must.

Despite what some of you believe, Auburn >>> Michigan and Cam Newton >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dennard Robinson. I'm serious. And Newton has better play-making help on offense and a slightly better defense to help him (though admittedly, not by much). I have faith in our defense, but they sometimes struggle to win on 3rd down, and Newton's specialty is pullin' a 3rd and 8 out of his rear end when all seems lost. We will not totally shut him down. We can only hope to control the damage he does.

There will come a point in the next game where we will have to match Auburn score for score, and I'm not sure we can do that with anybody but Jarrett Lee under center.

6. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Simple Jefferson plays we lose. The more he plays the bigger we lose. Anyone that thinks Jefferson should be on the field is watching a diffrent game than the rest of us.

7. gynojunkie

gynojunkie "Pooties R Us"

Yes, and there are a lot of sportswriters/commentators to agree. I watched tonight on ESPN3.com streaming video & the commentators made the same observations as you, at least four times by my count!

Everyone talks about JL having grown up, worked hard and kept a great attitude while JJ was at the helm. So, I can't help but wonder how JL would fare if CLM gave him all--or most--of the snaps, so as to allow him to get his groove on, get his rhythm, stroke his mojo--whatever--let him play & end this "Staccato Offense" we have while subbing JL for JJ, or JJ for JL. :-(

8. paducahmichael

paducahmichael Tiger Band Class of '73

Well, we know for sure that Cam is a monster. Question is if we control him, do they have other weapons enough to make a difference?

Would you suggest perhaps we put PP on Cam and tell PP "Make Cam YOUR b***ch" today"?

Sure would be tempting to me if I was the DC. Probably a good thing I'm not.

:geaux: