Evening Double Header: Mcneese @4, Akry @7

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by PodKATT, Feb 24, 2010.

1. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

LSU baseball just won our first national title in nine years (almost a decade), and our first under Coach Mainieri, so that's going to relax a lot of people this season. Also, LSU baseball doesn't have as many fans as LSU football, so you're not going to see the same amount of interest in discussing baseball as you do as football (be it fuming, praise, or what have you). In addition, TF doesn't get as much internet discussion as some of the other LSU sites (which is a good thing in many ways because it doesn't get way too flooded here).

But even with a smaller fanbase, LSU baseball still attracts fuming. Last year, our baseball team started off 12-3, 11-1, 6-3, 11-5 compared to 5-4, 25-8, 4-0, 2-1 so far this year. And last year, we did outstanding for 8 of our first 9 games (12-3, 11-1, 6-3, 11-5, 13-4, 11-2, 16-0, 19-3, 10-4). Then we lost a series in the Box to Illinois (1-3, 22-10, 2-6), and that got a lot of people mad. A few days after that, we lost to ULL in the Box 9-10, and more and more people were fuming. It was pretty heated during our SEC opener when we played Kentucky in the Box, and won only 2 of the 3 by low scores (5-3, 2-5, 3-1). I kept telling people that the two ace Kentucky pitchers were really that good and I got all kind of people telling me I was crazy. Then we only beat Northwestern State 2-1 and McNeese State 6-3 and then lost to South Carolina 3-7... during this time the fuming got so bad that there were more LSU fans angry at our baseball program than there were by people happy by it.

2. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Big day for the Tigers, a WIN and a WIN. Gotta love it. One team, baseball coninues it's dominance, the other, basketball ens a 12 game skid with it's first SEC win. Maybe the confidence of the baseball team is rubbing off on the basketball team.

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

The thing to feel good about in this game (LSU-McNeese) was that our pitching continues to be stellar. The hitting will come around. The bats were, literally, cold.

Was it McNeese that nearly beat us (or did beat us) last year using a different pitcher every inning?

4. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

even worse, nicholls state. :hihi:

i'm sure nootch can relate, i have people that won't let me forget that... :sob:

5. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

:shock:

I was reminded of that earlier this week.

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

:D:D