Ever saw the commercial when the guy gets to the "end of the internet"

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MikebTiger, Nov 11, 2002.

1. MikebTiger

MikebTiger Founding Member

Well, that's me. I've been to the end of the internet looking for discussion/comment on the hail mary.

Listened to Jim Rome today - his takes were great. One of them is priceless. In summary:

"Imagine you are Guy Morris, soaked in game-losing gatoraid, running to the middle of the field to shake hands and congratulate the non-gatoraid soaked winning head coach Nick Saban."

That, my friends, paints a priceless picture.

I have not enjoyed this one bit (relief is more of the feeling I have, not satisfaction), though, because of how LSU let penalties and poor effort, poor concentration almost let this game slip into the L column. Losing DJ is a big blow to how our team plays defense. I know they are getting better, but we better get ready to kick it up a notch against Bama.

2. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Mike, I was afraid to mention your exact post because of the jubilation or being accused of "negativity"

However the reason I missed the final play is because I was outside steaming to holy heck that our boys have seemed to lose their killer instict that was around for UF, and USC. I agree the loss of James has been a blow. It has really shown the last two games with his departure.

LSU had UK down 21-7 in the 3rd, all our boys needed to do was sustain a drive and put one more TD on the board and it would have been lights out (Yes I can do math 30 is more then 28) but the game would have been different had LSU gone up 28-7 in the 3rd. The fans would have been out of it, etc etc.

SO yes I am very excited about the play I missed because I was outside kicking the crap out of my lawnmower. However this game does not make me feel any better about playing Alabama. I think Bama is the best team in the SEC right now. If the last two games is what we got. Then we lose Bama and Arkansas. I hope I am wrong, but LSU has got to get back to the UF days or it is Peach Bowl city.