Everett Golson to LSU?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mctiger, Jan 5, 2015.

1. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Why would you come on here and tell the truth? I like it better the other way.

didit likes this.
  2. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Well, that is key information. Would have loved to have known that sooner. Don't think there would have been as much CLM bashing as was happening late in the season. Thanks for the insight!

ROY_LA_CA and LSUDad like this.
  3. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

We'll you might want to do some homework here, once Cam left, they ran Rice 1 more time per game on average. Then what did they do this year? Hire an OC as close to Cam as they could, Kubiak. Koob does like working with John Harbaugh.

red55 likes this.
  4. LSU Engineer

LSU Engineer Unnamed Source

That doesn't change the fact that was a running joke in the league that year and Cameron got fired toward the end of the season. Kubiak is a zone blocking running scheme like Shanahan and Denver's superbowl teams. Cameron is more of a power and trap running game like the old Gibbs Redskins teams. I am not saying that running the ball is a bad idea. I just think 68-75% of the time on first down is a little predictable. Also a little more imaginative running play design with some counter/misdirection might be warranted. I would like to feel that the coaches gameplanned the opponent instead of always running the same stuff no matter the opponent.

LSUDad likes this.
  5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Like I said, don't ever discount that play where AJ turns and just tosses to ball to the RB as he slams into the wall of defenders. That my friends is what is known as a twist. Really shaking it up there.

LSUDad likes this.
  6. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Cam's time with the Redskins was spent with Norv Turner, He was the head coach from 94-2000. Turner and Cam are taking most of what they have learned over the years from Don Coryell (Air Coryell, Vertical Offense or Coryell Offense are all names used). Don was doing the West Coast Offense, before it was the West Coast, and coaches fed off of what he did.

To go back, Koob was taught by Shanahan, who was taught by George Seifert, who came from the Bill Walsh coaching tree.

Who taught Walsh? Don Coryell. Who else learned under Don? Joe Gibbs, John Madden, Mike Martz, Ernie Zampese, and so many more. Others took what Don did and spun off of his concept.

I get what you're saying.

7. shane0911

Wait, did I just read that right? Cam is doing Air Coryell?

REALLY? You are shitting me right? Is that what the fuck we just saw?

tirk and LSUDad like this.
  8. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

With waterhead's track record with qbs he may not. Unless he's been made some promises behind the scenes.

9. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

I said thats what he learned years ago, must have forgot it right?

10. shane0911

$10 to a bucket of shit says Braxton Miller never plays a down for LSU

islstl and furduknfish like this.