Every week since last years SC game..it's

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by dawg_o_rama, Sep 16, 2003.

1. dawg_o_rama

dawg_o_rama Freshman

the same story. "We can handle Pollack and your DL"...blah, blah, blah. Bama, UT, Au, UF, GT, Ark, FSU, Clemson, SC, and now LSU have all said it. The facts are: Pollack will more than likely get a sack, a few TFL, between 5 and 10 tackles...and raise holy hell with your OL all day long. The guy is a machine...he's gonna pound and pound and run and run til he gets his #s. He may win the game for us...he has before...but one thing is for sure..he will be a factor. I'm gonna let you folks in on a secret. though..the rest of our defense is pretty damn good. Look up bios on kids like Sean Jones, Thomas Davis, Thornton, Blue, Jennings, Curry, Bryant...check out the facts about the other ends...you might just find yourself a little less worried about "47" and a little more worried about our Defense. Contain Pollack..control Pollack...we've got 10 "Pollacks" on the field with him...not a weak link in the bunch.

2. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

And ever since the beginning of the season, we've had fans of the opposition say that our O-line isn't as good as people say, and that they will shut down our receivers blah, blah, blah.

I guess that makes you no different does it?

I'll go against the grain (from what you've obviously heard) and NOT say that we'll "handle your d-line"...and "neutralize Pollack"...but I will say that I like the match-up: you guys feel that you have a solid D-line, and believe it's your strong suit and WE feel confident in our O-line and many analysts claim it's one of our strong suits. Furthermore, I don't think your offensive line is ready and that UGA relies too much on too many underclassman (and first-time starters) on the offensive line.

3. dawg_o_rama

dawg_o_rama Freshman

actually I didn't say any such thing

"And ever since the beginning of the season, we've had fans of the opposition say that our O-line isn't as good as people say, and that they will shut down our receivers blah, blah, blah."

I never mentioned you OL being bad or not as good as "people" say, what "people" are those anyway?

Pollack is a "gamer"...I'm sure you've got plenty of your own...on both the offense and defense. The guy has faced great OLs before..your OT might be great..Pollacks faced as good..Shawn Andrews, Munoz, John Sullivan all come to mind. He'll get his #s...you might wanna think about the other guys we have..their pretty good ya know. :)

4. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Re: actually I didn't say any such thing

I know UGA has some good players defensively--that's not the issue.

I'm just not sold on your inexperienced offensive line. With Gibson out, that's one less weapon we have to worry about defending--Not that containing the UGA ground game, and Green is easy--but the loss of Gibson makes it easier.

5. Golden Tiger

Golden Tiger Founding Member

Yes you have a good Defense.................................Here is who they play this weekend.

2003 LSU football depth chart

OFFENSE
    Pos. No. Player Ht. Wt. Class
    WR 9 Devery Henderson 6-0 189 Sr.
    5 Skyler Green 5-9 190 So.
    LT 76 Andrew Whitworth 6-7 325 So.
    64 Rudy Niswanger 6-5 294 So.
    LG 71 Nate Livings 6-5 313 So.
    59 Doug Planchard 6-3 299 R-Fr.
    C 55 Ben Wilkerson 6-4 296 Jr.
    64 Rudy Niswanger 6-5 294 So.
    RG 72 Stephen Peterman 6-4 321 Sr.
    62 Brandon Hurley 6-2 268 So.
    RT 60 Rodney Reed 6-4 287 Sr.
    75 Brian Johnson 6-4 307 R-Fr.
    TE 47 Eric Edwards 6-5 244 Sr.
    88 Demetri Robinson 6-3 251 Jr.
    WR 14 Michael Clayton 6-4 200 Jr.
    17 Bennie Brazell 6-1 166 So.
    QB 18 Matt Mauck 6-2 213 Jr.
    12 Marcus Randall 6-2 223 Jr.
    RB 10 Joseph Addai 6-0 205 So.
    2 Shyrone Carey 5-6 198 Jr.
    FB 34 Kevin Steltz 5-9 243 R-Fr.
    40 Shawn Jordan 5-11 242 Fr.

They are pretty good also..........................

6. hunt4heisman

hunt4heisman Founding Member

There is no doubt that Pollack will be the best DL on the field this and probably every other Saturday you guys play. I do however believe that LSU has an offensive line with very capable players (ie. Whitworth, Reed) to match up with him. I'm not saying our guys will totally neutralize the guy, but I am saying that this may be the best line he's faced in a long time. Also, we have a D-Line too, and while none of our guys are Pollack, they are all big, strong, fast, and experienced. Hill, Spears, Lavalais, and Wyatt are as good a group or maybe even a little better than UGA's. I've mentioned the fact that our O-line is full of capable players, I was just wondering who Georgia has other than Jean-Gilles that has proven they can contain the likes of our D-Linemen?

7. dawg_o_rama

dawg_o_rama Freshman

See my post above in another thread...

I'm worried about your DEs against our OTs..my one comforting thought is that Greene will get rid of it quick and not make stupid mistakes due to pressure.

8. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Re: See my post above in another thread...

Hm. Sounds like the reciprocal of my thoughts. I am confident in our DEs against your OTs and worried about Greene's quick release and decision making.

9. TexTiger

TexTiger Founding Member

Please put Chokley in. Please. The guy is so overhyped.