Everyone MUST read this book BEFORE you vote for President

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by islstl, Aug 10, 2004.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

John O'Neill's book "Unfit for Command" (#1 on the Best Sellers List this week)

Kerry is a complete farce.

2. Mr. Peabody

Mr. Peabody Founding Member

I don't have to read the book to already know that.

Maybe it will help some of the morons though.

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

So eloquently put.

But yes, there are a lot of us that already know.

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

O'Neill was interviewed on Hannity & Colmes last night and he makes a compelling case. 60 Swiftboat veterans, including 23 officers who "commanded" Kerry are sources for his information. Kerry's people have 9 or 10 veterans who side with him. Among the accusations:
    Kerry did, indeed save Rassman by pulling him from the water, but that was after Kerry's boat fled the scene when the shooting started. Afterward, he came back and pulled his boat up to Rassman. There were several other boats right there that would have saved him if necessary. Rassman, one of Kerry's biggest supporters from the Swiftboat vets, was in Vietnam a total of 2 days.
    Kerry got his Silver Star for shooting a lone gunman in a loin cloth.
    And, of course, we've all heard the stories about Kerry's self inflicted nick that earned him a Purple Heart.

The detractors always point out that none of the 60 were in the same boat as Kerry. True, but these were relatively small boats and they traveled together. They were usually side by side during hostilities.

I agree with Hannity. Let the American people hear the accusations and decide for themselves. Kerry knows his "Profiles in Courage" are suspect and his camp is desperately trying to get the truth off the air. Kerry made Vietnam an issue and he needs to take the bad with the good.

One more question. Why won't Kerry make his Vietnam journals available? Things that make you go Hmmmmmmm. :911:

5. LOTTERY

LOTTERY Founding Member

This arguement will not be resolved. Every man on Kerry's boat is in his corner. No one knows the truth but the individuals who were there. Kerry should speak of his heroism and patriotism b/c of his Vietnam and these guys can do what they're doing if they want but we need to focus on the issues. Btw, last time I checked there were some military records Mr. Bush didn't want to let go of too.

6. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

It would be wonderful to FOCUS on the issues. Why won't Kerry spell out his plan istead of giving these overall pie in the sky ideas.

And by the way being in Vietnam is not a qualification for or against President. My hat is off to these and all veterans for the service but I don't feel it should be Kerry or anybody elses big stick. :usaflagwa

7. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

You're so scared that you post garbage.

I bet you have trouble looking at yourself in the mirror when you get up. Maybe you don't.
    IDK

8. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

ok...please post what exactly Bush did in combat.

waiting.....

still waiting.....

does snorting coke count as combat????

as I thought.....

9. LSUBud

LSUBud Founding Member

He didn't come back and COMPLETELY lie about it and try to use his LIES as his entire platrorm for his convention speech.

KERRY put this in play with his disgusting display at the DNC.

10. ElvisFan

ElvisFan Founding Member

I agree. The only person making an issue of Kerry's Vietnam "service" is Kerry. Everything else has been in response to his making this the centerpiece of his campaign (which, I strongly suspect, is because he has nothing else to run on).