Everyone MUST read this book BEFORE you vote for President

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by islstl, Aug 10, 2004.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

And his supporters have the audacity to call Bush a liar. :dis:

As an aside, I spent Christmas, 1968 in Nakon Phenom, Thailand about 30 miles south of the Laotian border. The CIA (Air America) had a strong presence there. I saw the Bob Hope Christmas show that year and it was awesome.
    I was 19 years old and full of piss and vinegar. I also developed a near immunity to penicillan. :hihi:

Edit: If memory serves me, remember listening to LSU -Auburn on Armed Forces radio. AU had a Heisman winner at QB that year. I think LSU lost the game.

2. LOTTERY

LOTTERY Founding Member

The veterans closest to Kerry were the ones on his boat. All of them are with him. Whistle blowers usually arent liked by the people that they expose. Look at the lady from the FBI. Lets stop acting like there aren't idiots in the military. Just look at the prison scandal in Iraq. The vast majority of the soldier are heroes and are amazing people, but in order to be better you've got to expose the flaws. The ones who are mad with Kerry might have been causing those flaws and now are mad he's exposing. Obviously, I don't have any evidence of this and thats the point. They can fight over this but I don't know what happened b/c I wasn't there. I do know, though, that he risked his life and went to Vietnam and he saved a man's life. Something that bothers me though is this. I don't know if one of Kerry's wounds resulted from him throwing a grenade to close or not. But if it was self-inflicted, so what. It was still an injury of war made while in battle. I know I have grammar and punctuation errors in this post, but im tired and not correcting them.

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Polly want a cracker?
    Quit parroting the liberal line and read up on what really happened. It doesn't make a hill of beans who was in what boat. They all served together. These boats did not travel alone. The detractors saw with their own eyes and didn't have to be physically in the same boat. Ever watch a fishing show? The cameraman is in a different boat.
    A purple heart must be the result of hostile fire. Unless Kerry was shooting at himself, it was not hostile fire.
    Kerry did not risk his life to save a fellow soldier. When the firing started his boat hauled-ass out of the danger zone and returned later. He fished they guy out of the water because he beat the other boats to him. If the guy could swim, he could have saved himself.

4. LOTTERY

LOTTERY Founding Member

It's amazing to me how far you radicals will go to defame someone. The guys a hero, period. Those men on the boat were the closest to Kerry and you're avoiding that point. If everyone of them says he saved that man's life, it's obvious to me who to believe. Go back to your republican talking points.

5. martin

martin Banned Forever

look, i agree somewhat. we dont know for sure that kerry was a terrible soldier, "unfit for command". but we surely also do not know he was a hero. both sides need to admit that the story is all messed up and it is hard to tell. you cannot say : "The guys a hero, period". you don't know that any more than the people who say he is a worthless soldier. why do you all pretend to know what happened? is that what your intel shows? both sides should shut up about it.

6. LOTTERY

LOTTERY Founding Member

The guy who he saved says he did along with every other brave soldier on that boat. That counts for something in my book.

7. martin

martin Banned Forever

my understanding is that one of the guys who was actually on his boat was against him as well as many of the other who served with im but not on the same boat. either way, i dont really care. i do not know what to believe, and will not choose to believe based on my politics. i dont hold it against him. kerry is so bad on issues, that is all i need to know.

8. LOTTERY

LOTTERY Founding Member

No, you're wrong. All the guys on Kerry's boat support him.

9. marcmc99

marcmc99 Founding Member

No, a machine-gunner who was on his boat approximately 2 months is against him. According to Time magazine, he didn't like Kerry because Kerry threatened to court martial him because he killed an armed enemy soldier before he was fired upon. You're welcome to look it up if you'd like. The guy's name has been posted on here several times.

10. LOTTERY

LOTTERY Founding Member

Was he on the boat at the time Kerry saved the man's life? Please answer that.