Everyone MUST read this book BEFORE you vote for President

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by islstl, Aug 10, 2004.

1. martin

martin Banned Forever

yes, change the subject when you are wrong.

one of the guys who served under kerry is againt him, just like i said earlier.

'Like Hoffmann, none of the 13 men in the TV ad served on either of the two swift boats — small, lightly armed patrol craft — that Kerry commanded. Of the group's 254 members — out of 3,500 swift boat sailors who served in Vietnam — only one served under Kerry. The rest who did serve on Kerry's boats back his record."

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politicselections/nation/president/2004-08-08-kerry-vets_x.htm

so when you said :

you are the one who is wrong. and i said i wasnt even sure. but you knew right? at least i admitted i wasnt sure. now i know. you are wrong.

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

3. ElvisFan

ElvisFan Founding Member

He's not stupid. But boy, he sure rattles easy when you confront him with facts he can't refute.

4. LOTTERY

LOTTERY Founding Member

Number one, don't call me son b/c im not and wouldn't want to be. Second, you guys are great at changing my words. We were talking about Kerry and his saving the life of the man. I said the people on that boat know him best and are for him. Obviously, I was talking about people on the boat at that time. Furthermore, if this guy was shooting at people with no regard he's on the right side, the radical side.

5. marcmc99

marcmc99 Founding Member

Shooting at people with no regard? These guys were in a boat. The enemy was on land. They were sitting ducks. Should he wait for the guy to launch an RPG before he shoots? Maybe so. In John Kerry's war.

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Get that chip off of your shoulder young man. It will get you nowhere in any debate. My use of the word "son" is merely an expression and for you to take offense is extremely childish.

7. LOTTERY

LOTTERY Founding Member

Keep on guessing. The record says he was about to be brought on charges by Kerry. He's on the right side, the radical side.

8. marcmc99

marcmc99 Founding Member

So Kerry would say this man is a criminal deserving of a court martial, yet he is a hero for chasing down a wounded teenager and killing him? Another Democratic flip-flop. I don't fault Kerry nor the machine-gunner for what they did, the enemy is the enemy and both acted appropriatley in my book. Just another example of the type of man Kerry is.

9. Purple Jungle

Purple Jungle Founding Member

The guys that did serve on Kerry's boat are the opinions that matter most. All but one of the living men support Kerry. These guys could refuse to support Kerry because of personal or political reasons, but all but one are behind him. Do you think ALL of those guys are Democrats?

Some of the guys who served on surrounding boats have come out against Kerry, but the VAST majority of these 254 men never knew Kerry. NONE of them served on his boat.

Think of any company that's divided into departments. Who knows the most information or has the best grasp on the performance of a supervisor? His or her subordinates. People in other departments might have an opinion, but they're not as well informed or exposed to the supervisor.

A lot of the men in this group are simply Vietnam vets who are conservative and are trying to help out a political cause.

Is it really hard to imagine that there are a couple hundred former members of the military who lean politically to the right?

Sure they should be commended for their service to the country, but at the end of the day they're just another political action group and have no distinguishable right to be heard.

I find it funny that some leaders of the group deny they're being political, even though they wait until Kerry's running for president and then air their ads in swing states.