Everyone Settle Down !! (Long)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TexasTigers, Jan 16, 2002.

1. chuck

chuck Founding Member

I thought Tommy was Mother Teresa . . .

Seriously, I'm going to take leave of your chat room, I originally came over to check up on your recruiting and I have wasted enough of your time debating AU vs. LSU football. Overall I hope it becomes a healthy SEC West Rivalry that compares in importance to UF vs. UT in the East.

I'm typically over at the War Eagle Nation Chatroom also under chuck, feel free to drop me a line if you ever want some more good natured AU-LSU talk.

:)

2. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

Yeah, stick around. There's always basketball and baseball season to tide us over until football season!

3. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Bummer your leaving. You should stick around.....

It is just opinions, and although everyone here agrees with me does not mean you need to or you cannot stay. The whole point of a forum is to express opinions.

Anyway, your choice I guess but I sure wish you would stick around. You seem like a very nice person who is a good fan of a good school.

Geaux Tigers.

4. chuck

chuck Founding Member

I appreciate it, I just can't resist coming over here to check out what everyone is saying.

I'll go ahead and tell you now, I'll reserve my baseball smack . .running at LSU would be a bit futile. You can't argue with LSU Baseball dominace.

i Know this is the football board, but do any of you remember the 1994 LSU - Auburn series. It was at Auburn and had to be one of the best three game series I have ever seen. You actually swept us, but this series had everything - long throw outs at home for outs, grand slams, strike outs with bases loaded, monster home runs, and I think every game was pretty close. Kenny Key struck out 3 different times with the bases loaded for Auburn . . that actually kind of sucked

Awesome series . .

5. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Like I said I hope you will stay around. I think the Tubby vs LSU thing has runs its ground. So I will put it to bed. You are a great visitor here.

You know what I remember about Auburn. is that Darn 5 interception game Jamie Howard. That was a great day for Auburn and a dark one for LSU.
    The LSU Auburn series has been a great one. This list does not have this years game which has been well documented look how great of a series it was.

http://users.erols.com/mattmark/ncaaf/series/lsu/aub.txt

6. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

You're right about the Jamie Howard "INT" game being a dark day for LSU. The Jamie Howard "redemption" game the next year was my first as a student at LSU and made the win even sweeter. The rivalry has become such a good one because of competitive (and strange) games and events over the last couple of decades. Over the last few years, the fact that the game has been the first "BIG" one of the year also amplifies the rivalry.

7. chuck

chuck Founding Member

lsu99 makes a great point. This was always such an early big game, but now with the new scheduling its been moved to mid season. Half of me is happy b/c that weekend kept conflicting with my girlfriend's birthday, they other is bummed b/c I loved tailgating before the game, going to the game, and then coming back at watching UF vs. UT.

My first LSU game was when I was probably 5 or 6 years old, it was vs. Tulane in the Superdome - it was the first college football game I ever saw - don't remember much.
    My first Auburn game was the Sugar Bowl vs. Michigan were we won 9-3 - the people who got us tickets were Michigan grads - so I was cheering for Michigan (foolish child).

My first AU vs. LSU game as a student was the 1993 game at Baton Rouge - pretty uneventful (probably the last of its type recently) - we went 11-0 and were stacked with 5 NFL Running Backs (James Bostic, Stephen Davis, Fred Beasley, Harold Morrow, and Tony Richardson) - thanks Pat Dye, I can't stand Terry Bowden.

I was at the Interception game of course, sitting next to my brother who is an LSU grad - our constant trash talking to each other greatly ammused all.

I was also at the burn the barn game and truly thought I may die.

Probably one of the more fun games I went to at Tiger Stadium was last years LSU-Alabama game. I got dressed up in full Auburn regala not aware that my seat was away from my brother and his friends . . .actually I was smack in the middle of the Alabama section. The way your stadium is laid out I was trapped there and got many a funny look from the surrounding tiders . . .

I think I really, made a lot of Alabama fans angry that day . ..