EVERYONE'S OPINION

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BFM08, Nov 14, 2009.

1. BFM08

BFM08 Founding Member

Without blasting one another or commenting on another's opinion. I would like to have a productive thread and see what everyone thinks.
    How could our team be improved. In one or two sentences.

I think the mix of coaches does not match. Different ideas of offense and game planning and management

2 people like this.
  2. NELA_Tigerfan

NELA_Tigerfan When's kickoff?

The defense is fine.
    The O is too predictable. Less formations with different simplified looks from each. Different plays according to which players are in. Count on looking predictable, and take advantage of it. See what the D is doing and exploit it. Play action for gods sake???

3. downtown

downtown Founding Member

Play Russell Shepard...add some imagination to offensive playcalling...work harder on developing D-linemen

4. danthetigerfan

danthetigerfan Founding Member

Replace Moffit so LA Tech does not push the Tigers around.
    Either Miles or Crowton run the Offense (Not both)
    Recruit better Lineman.
    start looking for a replacement for Coach Porter (he may be leaving)

5. Tom Callender

Tom Callender Founding Member

I don't really think the defense it that good. I mean they are light years better than last years defense but even the little schools outgain us. We can't get off the field & even when we do the offense has another three & out series. Whats up with this team?? I just hope last nights LT game is not a preview of things to come like last years Troy game was. Playing Ole Miss up there is gonna take a real good effort on both sides of the ball. Does LSU have that in them? We had a lot of players out for last nights game but so did LT and even so if we are really elite (which we are not) our subs should handle Tech better than that.. I'm just saying..........

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Find an SEC-caliber quarterback and find some offensive linemen. Take the bubble screen and bury it very deeply in hole somewhere. It hasn't worked all year, coach. Why we played it four times last night when the first two got stuffed is quite beyond me.

7. tuckerman

tuckerman Veteran Member

Find a head man that can actually hire a quality staff and coach up his players. Gary Patterson at TCU comes to mind. He will be the hottest property in the country this season. To have done what he has done on a consistent basis with 1 and 2 star kids is amazing. As a coach and as a quiet, soft spoken man he is worth his weight in gold. You'll never hear empty F***ing Alabama, AR kansas, OU or USC taunts out of him. He has too much class.

8. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

Well, I have concerns about Crowton and just look at last night. We open up and run the ball close to 20 yards! Then #5 is out of the game and we go spread with nothing.

I would like to see our talent out talent 90% of the teams we play. I would like to have about 5 base sets and work off that. I think we must have 25 formation sets a game.

I would like us to be known as a team that comes right at you then play action off that.

If Crowton is leaving it will be fine with me!

:milesmic:

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Miles and Crowton are stubborn and don't adapt. Keiland's 18 yard gain on the 1st play should have told them all they needed to know: Keep doing that.

Lee very nearly lost the game for us but they were still letting him sling it late in the game.

D woke up at halftime but the O line is a huge weakness.

JJ is good and getting better and next week will show that.

Players cannot distinguish coach booing and player booing. Grow up.

If LSU plays badly and wins, I can deal with it.

1 person likes this.
  10. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

I agree with you S****fan!!

The 1st play I said wow! this is going to be fun ! then they take #5 out of the game! crazy crazy crazy!!!

Crowton buddy ! you are over thinking this game! you are taking the fun out of the game for the guys!!!!

You O-line could have grown up last night but no way!!! Watch La Tech and copy what they do!

Fire our entire O staff and bring in fresh look! This is a awful O you are selling us!

:eek:lefire: